Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: HELP. Putting a65-8f on a pa-15.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP. Putting a65-8f on a pa-15.

Hey all you gooroos out there got a question and seeing if ya'all could help so here it goes. I have a 1948 pa-15 currently has the o-145 motor on it. I purchased a continental a65-8f motor for it. According to the stc
    sa1-619 it calls for the a65-8f and a Mccauley cf7147 metal prop (no luck finding that). My question is what would i have to do put a wood sensenich w72ck42 on this motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP. Putting a65-8f on a pa-15.

The 1B90CM 7147 is the direct replacement for the 1A90CF 7147, no approval necessary since that's what it says in the TCDS for the prop. If you want the wood prop, then either go Field Approval, or DER approval. You could also go the Sensenich metal prop M74CK-2 listed on the PA-17 TCDS, but again that will have to be a Field Approval or DER approval. Of course the other option is to go all out and convert to a PA-17, then you don't need any STC, Field Approval or DER approval, but you will need to get an amended airworthiness certificate and a new registration and supplemental data plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a pa-15 with a continental a65-8f motor on their plane and i was wondering if i can get a copy of your 337.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been told the SWPC has the STC. I know of a PA15 with an A65-8F and a wood prop. It lives 500 miles from where I live. I never inspected the aircraft myself so I do not know how it was done or if the documentation is good on it. It could be a case of one mechanic saying yes and another saying no.
    Last edited by Jeff J; 08-26-2021 at 05:45 AM.