Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Did You Fly Today?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where Did You Fly Today?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    How do they do that? Its either space beings or gps? Probably instructions from the mother ship :-D

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    They actually do that with GPS when they plant the field

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

We have a "tourist farm" just down the road from here too. They change up their corn maze every season, also do hay rides, pie pantry, pumpkin games, fruit picks, and several other family fun in Octobers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had company at our favorite island spot on Sunday morning.
    PXL_20211003_132143859.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Was a great day to go flying and bicycle riding yesterday. We loaded the bikes into the Pacer and flew to Bay Bridge airport (W29) by Stevensville, MD. The parking fee is $5 if you don't purchase gas.
    After getting the bikes ready we biked into town and picked up a nice trail going east. My wife had googled a nice restaurant about 5 miles east of the airport at the trail. We went there for fried Oysters and some Crab Cakes. After a good meal we biked back to Stevensville and then went on to the beach.
    After getting back to Bay Bridge airport I had to get my IFR clearance via phone. It helps when you have a headset that is Bluetooth capable. As it is usually the case going on an IFR flight plan through the busy Class B airspace and the SFRA, we got vectored a bit for traffic in and out of BWI, but we got a good look at BWI international airport.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Juergen, that’s my home airport. Wish I would have known. I was there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Today was a great day of flying! I finally completed my tailwheel endorsement in the Pacer! I also was signed off on my BFR.

This morning I met my instructor, I did 4 good landings in a row. So he decided it was time to get out. I did 6 good ones after he got out, I did go around on the first attempt. The plane flys quite a bit different with 180lbs less on board. Sink rate is less and really wants to keep flying.

Today was the first time I've flown solo in 17 years! So stoked!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! So your BFR was close to a Bi-decade review?
    I like those BFR checkout combo's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    Cool! So your BFR was close to a Bi-decade review?
    I like those BFR checkout combo's.
    Yeah it was close. My last flight review was in 2006. After I did it I never flew. The junk planes at that flying club made me not want to fly.

I already went back to the airport tonight and did a couple more t/os and landings till it got dark. Man does it climb with only 1 person and the temps cooling off!

Post Thanks / Like

It does feel good dropping off that extra weight then the cooler temps. Sounds like you have had a great day. Like runners high.
    My last BFR (FR they call it now) was 2 years today and the one before that was 1997. 1-1/2 hour review and off I went. I know how your feeling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moto657 View Post
    Today was a great day of flying! I finally completed my tailwheel endorsement in the Pacer! I also was signed off on my BFR.

This morning I met my instructor, I did 4 good landings in a row. So he decided it was time to get out. I did 6 good ones after he got out, I did go around on the first attempt. The plane flys quite a bit different with 180lbs less on board. Sink rate is less and really wants to keep flying.

Today was the first time I've flown solo in 17 years! So stoked!
    Congrats.

We had a good time on our Sunday morning river run. 45 degrees and no wind made your some fun.
    PXL_20211017_162500149.jpg