Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Oil Change stuff I'll need

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oil Change stuff I'll need

Changing break in oil. If I remember correctly from my 0-235 Citabria and 0-320 Pacer, there is a washer and or bolt that I will need to replace on the filter screen assembly. Is there anything else that will make the job slicker? Have pan, large funnel. Any kind of drain aid? Low pressure air to blow out line?

Thanks
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oil Change stuff I'll need

4 MS35333-40 lock washers, 61173 oil screen gasket and a MS35769-31 crush gasket for the suction screen on the oil sump. I don't replace the bolts just the lock washers. I inspect the oil screen housing ears for cracks and put a film of EZ Turn on the gasket so it comes off easy at the next oil change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    4 MS35333-40 lock washers, 61173 oil screen gasket and a MS35769-31 crush gasket for the suction screen on the oil sump. I don't replace the bolts just the lock washers. I inspect the oil screen housing ears for cracks and put a film of EZ Turn on the gasket so it comes off easy at the next oil change.
    Steve, thanks much for your guidance.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Done and dusted. Put a quick drain on it while I was at it. No metal in the screen, per magnet.

Scott