Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Engine heater

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Engine heater

Quote Originally Posted by akflyer View Post
    The only thing cheap about an airplane is the pilot. People want to balk at the purchase price of heaters so they buy a cheap electric one and come up with some sort of rigging to sort of make it work. What does it do to the hangar electric bill? 50 a year to be able to control the heater is cheaper than one months electric bill increase if allowed to run full time.
    Ha. Yea your right. It just the constant flow of $250 hear and $250 there. You'd think I'd get used to it?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    ​Jan
    1960 PA22-150 "Spud"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    Ha. Yea your right. It just the constant flow of $250 hear and $250 there. You'd think I'd get used to it?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The joys of owning and using planes, boats, UTVs and snowmobiles.. at some point you forget how many years earlier you could retire and just enjoy life each day and make the most of it. If I can find a way to make it easier to use it instead of letting it sit on the colder clear days, its money well spent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA-16 View Post
    Thats a cool setup, I made a simple one also that gets the engine warm when its 20f out in mid january.
    I made one just like this, Home Depot "Milkhouse Heater", a few bits of ducting and adapters, and an old sleeping bag over the top and the front inlets.
    There is maybe $50 invested.
    Gets the oil temp needle moving in 30~60 minutes and heats the entire engine compartment.

Then if necessary, use it for five minutes through the pilot's pop-open window to get the cabin nice and toasty.

GG