Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The slotted cub wing tested on steve's pa-20----

Post Thanks / Like

Default The slotted cub wing tested on steve's pa-20----

just wondering---was there ever any effort to get it approved to go on the PA-20 as an STC by whoever was MFG'-ing the wing (carbon ?)

Or is it still relegated to fitting onto an experimental super pacer type machine ?

did you build the wing up as a kit from parts/plans--(as you would for a full homebuilt) or did it come assy'd. ?

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The slotted cub wing tested on steve's pa-20----

Have you read this thread? https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...Super-20-Flies
    Hope to eventually STC the wing on the Pacer/Tri-Pacer and conversions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes- I think I read it about 9 months ago--- ( I think) --- as I remember you had mentioned that carbon didnt know if there would be enough interest in the product to justify the cost and effort of getting it approved----
    I will go back to it and see if there have been developments since then ....
    Thanks--- I may have had trouble finding the tread again---- (web page search engines dont like me-)
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

No real update on the slotted wings; here is the response I received: "There is nothing to report on the slotted wing project right now. We are pretty busy on other projects with the FAA and have to finish them before that one comes the top of the list."

That was the las I hear-- and that looks like 2016-----
    will check dakota's web page ! (now that you reminded me correctly who the MFG'r was---) Dakota=slotted
    someone else was doing the moveable slats-----

Thanks Steve----
    (do you know this page is effectively generating less capable clones of yourself----maybe an unintended consequince of the extremely contagious rag and tube disease---)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the wings but to many irons in the fire. FAA and Sensenich here in a week or so for flight testing the Sensenich ground adjustable prop on the 150 and 160 hp Super Cub. Should learn a lot during that process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I have the wings but to many irons in the fire. FAA and Sensenich here in a week or so for flight testing the Sensenich ground adjustable prop on the 150 and 160 hp Super Cub. Should learn a lot during that process.
    Is Sensenich still going with the STC being the certification of the prop based on Level 1 Part 23 (aircraft limited to one passenger), or are they going for a TC on the prop so it can be used on airplanes with more than 2 seats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Once they get the Super Cub STC done they intend to Type Certify the prop. This experience will help me pursue some STCs for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was about to try a field approval for until I learned about the level 1 aircraft thing. Hope the type certifying process is swift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk