Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Planning a trip to Oregon, do they have those crazy people that go apechit at gas pum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning a trip to Oregon, do they have those crazy people that go apechit at gas pum

Thought Jersey was the only state that was illegal to pump your own gas, until I went to Oregon and the gas guy went nuts on me when I grabbed the gas gun. Do the have those crazy gas pumpers at the self serve gas pumps at airports? Or is there no self serve pumps at airports in Oregon?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Planning a trip to Oregon, do they have those crazy people that go apechit at gas

Quote Originally Posted by PA-16 View Post
    Thought Jersey was the only state that was illegal to pump your own gas, until I went to Oregon and the gas guy went nuts on me when I grabbed the gas gun. Do they have those crazy gas pumpers at the self serve gas pumps at airports? Or is there no self serve pumps at airports in Oregon?
    I live and fly in the Beaver State, where there are a great variety of beautiful flying destinations - coastal, mountains, high desert, urban and nearly everything a pilot could dream of. But be sure to get a good weather forecast before heading to the airport!
    As a Federally Certificated Private Pilot, you posses superior fuel pumping skills than mere mortal ground pounders in cars.
    Oregon, being a progressive state that appreciates such things, will allow you to pump your own aviation grade fuel at self-service airport fuel stations.
    You can even fill your DOT approved fuel containers at most airports as long as you supply an N-Number.
    Some airport FBOs have attendants as well, the pump operators are usually well trained and courteous, and understand that one should not stand on a fabric wing when fueling. Be sure to check hours of operation at those.
    https://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html

Where and when do expect to be arriving in Oregon, and where will you be visiting?

Happy Landings,
    GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"