Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Window slides.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Window slides.

My pilot side window constantly slides open when flying. Great in the summer, not great in the winter.
    There is no latch mechanism, and I don't have time to take the fuzzy pile out and replace it right now, so I made a hack.

I took 2 small suction cups and connected them together with some wire used for radio control push rods.
    Stick one suction cup on the fixed window. Slide the other window back where you want it and stick the other suction cup to hold it in place.
    Cheap, quick and effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Window slides.

I had the same problem.... just gave my slides a squeeze together to provide a little more resistance, and that worked well.
    Forrest Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have some soft side of Velcro with adhesive on the back and stick it to the leading edge of the window where it goes into the vertical u-channel.

Post Thanks / Like

These are good ideas!