Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Motor Mount Length for Stretched Pacer with O-320

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Motor Mount Length for Stretched Pacer with O-320

Does anyone have any suggestions for a motor mount length for a Bushmaster with a O-320? I will be running supercub tail feathers which should makes things better. However, I would prefer not to have an aft loaded situation. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Motor Mount Length for Stretched Pacer with O-320

My stretched Pacer has the normal Pācer engine mount. It is configured well and takes little trim between take off and landing. I often carry heavy loads in back with no problem. No change in the engine mount is called in the STC. Doing so would not be approved and unnecessary in my opinion. I have Super Cub tail feathers which allow me to flair and land tail first without using power. I do not believe that would be the case if I had extended engine mount. The extended wing increases the downward pitching moment which is why the fuselage is lengthened. Forward placement of the engine is not needed. It takes power to do a stall as it is in my plane. My stretch is 22.5 inches and I have the 0-320.

How's the project coming?
    Last edited by Stephen; 10-08-2022 at 01:47 AM.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Also, my empty weight CG only moved 3 inches aft on my Super Pacer project. Which I believe improves the flair and landing of the Pacer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Steve, hope you and yours are well. Thank you for the information. I forgot that the Bushmaster used the same motor mount. I have finished the wings, and have the fuselage back from powder coat. I am in the process of installing pulleys, jack screw assembly, stringers, cables and etc. I should be able to start covering soon. I will have a bunch of new pictures to post very soon. Safe travels and good health. 0928212011.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Does anyone have drawings for a mount? It's hard to find a used mount. I hear some rumblings about zero thrust straight mounts. I can certainly build a mount if I can find a drawing. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Regular TriPacer mount works. Just don’t bolt on the nose wheel structure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chicobushmaster View Post
    Does anyone have drawings for a mount? It's hard to find a used mount. I hear some rumblings about zero thrust straight mounts. I can certainly build a mount if I can find a drawing. Cheers.
    I'm not sure if going to zero thrust line makes much difference on our zero incidence planes. I did space my engine mounts up and to the left using large washers between the mount and the firewall. I saw no changes.