Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aileron pulley boxes on floor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aileron pulley boxes on floor

"That Template drawing should be put in the technical section for the future." Wow-- flattery will get you everywhere, thanks for the compliment!

I'm quite sure I saved that pattern; if I can find it I'll take a better photo of it. Those mechanical drawing classes I took in shop class in jr high school (early 60s) paid off many times in my life -- this is just one example. Always enjoyed making those drawings, but the one above was a pretty crude rendition....

When 57A got its new floor back around 2005, the "refurbishers" neglected to put those covers (not to mention the $#@ data tag, GRRRR!) back in so I had nothing there. I think at some point I must have seen pics of the OEM covers and tried to copy that design... or maybe some poor soul flew into 2B3 with a T-P and I crawled in & took some measurements. Either way, my home-made ones were supposed to be close to OEM covers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aileron pulley boxes on floor

They look FINE!
    very much like my original 56 covers
    Well done!