Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster STC,experimental,as a kit , plans or something else ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bushmaster STC,experimental,as a kit , plans or something else ?

Posted this in the home built airplanes forum too but I thought you guys might have adds insight.

There seems to be multiple ways to the same result.
    Start with a pacer and a stc and get a certified end result
    Or buy a kit and get a experimental,
    And about ever other combination.
    Your thoughts or experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bushmaster STC,experimental,as a kit , plans or something else ?

You will find lots of discussion on this site about this topic. My plane is a certified stretched Pacer, generally called a Super Pacer. But, it is also called a Bushmaster by some. You can get the STC and complete plans for this conversion from James Smith. His email info in on many of the forums on this topic. Building an experimental stretched Pacer from a certified plane may be problematic. Talk to your DAR first, don't just hack up a Pacer or a Tri Pacer. You will not save money going experimental and you will probably have to build it without a current set of plans. You can get WagAero plans but, it a different plane....PA 14. Experimental does have lots of pluses, especially regarding choice of electronics.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    You will find lots of discussion on this site about this topic. My plane is a certified stretched Pacer, generally called a Super Pacer. But, it is also called a Bushmaster by some. You can get the STC and complete plans for this conversion from James Smith. His email info in on many of the forums on this topic. Building an experimental stretched Pacer from a certified plane may be problematic. Talk to your DAR first, don't just hack up a Pacer or a Tri Pacer. You will not save money going experimental and you will probably have to build it without a current set of plans. You can get WagAero plans but, it a different plane....PA 14. Experimental does have lots of pluses, especially regarding choice of electronics.
    In my research of the bushmaster your writing led me here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot-34 View Post
    Posted this in the home built airplanes forum too but I thought you guys might have adds insight.

There seems to be multiple ways to the same result.
    Start with a pacer and a stc and get a certified end result
    Or buy a kit and get a experimental,
    And about ever other combination.
    Your thoughts or experience?
    Are you wanting to do this project yourself? There are people building these 4 place Super Cubs and selling them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Google search "Bushmaster site:shortwingpipers.org" or "stretched Pacer site:shortwingpipers.org" or similar is an easy way to find lots of good threads on the subject. I would read Stephen's thread to start.

https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...ushmaster)-Mod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Google search "Bushmaster site:shortwingpipers.org" or "stretched Pacer site:shortwingpipers.org" or similar is an easy way to find lots of good threads on the subject. I would read Stephen's thread to start.

pretty much how I got here.

Post Thanks / Like

well for the sake of honesty and accuracy the truth is once I get started reading here I may have read a lot more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL, Stephen did a good job of documenting and let's others know what they are getting into. Glad you found us and the info. Good people and information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post

I think I’ve read your build completely through twice now and I don’t recall if there’s a mention of widening, do any of the stretches in STC make the airplane wider?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot-34 View Post
    I think I’ve read your build completely through twice now and I don’t recall if there’s a mention of widening, do any of the stretches in STC make the airplane wider?
    No, they don't widen the PA 22 fuselage. The PA 14 was even more narrow, which I believe is what the 2+2 plans are.

I'm 6'4" and 220 lbs and fit fine.