Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lycoming O-320-A2B

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lycoming O-320-A2B

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    You might find someone to coat them for experimental. I have changed probably 10 sets of cams and lifters in the last several years, it is a must do for me if the case is split.
    Thanks Steve. I have some time before the engine has to be done I will try to run some down in the meantime.
    DENNY

Post Thanks / Like

Hello
    The case is on its way to Divco to get machined, the 3900$ 74166 cam will stay on the dealer shelve, I am going to get a 18840 from superior, airpower inc is beating up the canadian prices by quite a bit.
    I am looking t oget the DLC coated lifters any recommandation for these ?

Thanks a lot for all these replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been getting the Lycoming cams and lifters from Air Power. Aircraft Spruce is a Lycoming dealer as well. I use the Lycoming cam and lifters. I can just hear a warranty issue mixing and matching manufacturers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like I may be in the same issue. Drained the motor this weekend to put fresh oil for OshKosh. 31D goes into annual beginning of Aug and and was running up against my oil change. Would put about 20 hours on for Oshkosh, so I thought I'd at least put some fresh oil in. May have found metal in the oil. Looks like small flakes you'd find panning for gold. (Total Gold Rush reference....) Taking it to the mechanic Monday morning. Hoping that I'm overthinking it and only pay for a late departure on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bronze or brass? Rocker shaft bushings or rod bushings. Heard of one recently that had high brass content on oil analysis. They had pulled cylinders recently and one piston pin was a bear to get out. Mechanic pulled that cylinder and the rod bushings had gotten loose in the rod. Sometimes those piston pins are stuck in the rod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sent you a PM.