Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Wanted PA-22 shock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted PA-22 shock

Hi,

I'm in need of a shock for a 53 PA-22.

I don't need the cup on the end with ears, just the main section.

Shock.jpg

I can do my own gold plating myself, but will happily cover the shipping to Michigan too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wanted PA-22 shock

there is one on eBay - here - advertised as rebuildable, and some other complete assemblies...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here ya go Jim. Forgot to look and then couldn't find them. My daughter cleaned up my parts and organized them. Can't find anything. Same hydrosorb for the Super Cub and Pacer/Tri-Pacer, difference in the piece screwed into and pinned at the movable shaft end. Top one is a Super Cub, next is a Univair replacement and then two Pacer/ Tri-Pacer and.last but not least what appears to be someone's experiment. Send me your address and I will get the best one on the mail to you.
    PXL_20230131_200121968.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve,

No problem, you are the busiest person I know. That variety is impressive for sure. I see the stem out of the shock can vary too. The second from the top looks like it's more than the 3/4" from the cap to the center of the hole mine shows. If it's not hard to screw off the end cap like in your second from the top picture I wouldn't have a use for that. I didn't know that was even removeable. I'll send my details through FB Messenger. Ugliness is fine with me if that's what I get my hands on.

I can't believe someone welded on some ears without getting hurt. I was doing some brazing under an adjustable office chair when the close by cylinder blew out a seal and squirted very hot oil everywhere except on me.

Thank you very much for sharing your parts with us.

Hydrosorb.jpg
    Last edited by Jim; 02-01-2023 at 06:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That second one is a replacement, new manufacture from Univair for the Super Cub and Pacer/Tri-Pacers. There is a pin in the end that get driven out and then unscrewed.Not sure how hard it is to unscrew on a 50 plus year old unit.