Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Piper pa16 wing lights nav lights help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piper pa16 wing lights nav lights help

Hello fellow SWP members, were the proud owners/pilots of sn16-161 and have some questions regarding lighting and drawings.. our bird weve owned for 3 years now and been doing typical upgrades stc's, struts, radio, gascolator,etc.. but being a certified aircraft here in Canada, and not many ame ive come across, are interested or willing to help... we have obvious marker lights wing tips and tail, including the interior red light for night, but in its many 70+ years of flying its either lost wing lighting, been removed, or not even been equipped. Logs do show complete wing/airframe oh in 06'/07' but im lost as to why it would have interior red light if no exterior landing light. I do have a trike colt-105 parts plane that someone built for a sportsman2+2 that wing was converted already, and i have the complete dual wing light assembly, i believe is the same as ones i see in many other clippers, etc.
    My questions ,where is it possible to even find drawings IF it existed oe equip from piper, for the -16, and any oe equip lighting allowable for marker lighting, as the anemic marker light bulbs are just that...
    remembering certified and not owner maintenance or experimental.
    many thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Piper pa16 wing lights nav lights help

Welcome to the Shoert Wing Community.

Almost all of the PA16 drawings are available including the Nav lights and wiring.
    The Piper drawing are available on a CD or thumb drive.

https://shortwingpiperclub.org/produ...r-drawings-cd/

Post Thanks / Like

Originally the Clipper had Grimes Model B lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The landing light installation drawing shows the proper location of the light in each model Piper including the PA16. The drawing thumb drive is priceless. https://shortwingpiperclub.org/produ...r-drawings-cd/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piper pa16 wing lights nav lights help

Not sure but the Colt light assembly way be the wrong part number. There are 2 different versions of the light kit. Different lengths due to different rib spacing. Dakota Cub has both versions. I think only the one piece that the lights mount to is different. The lens will also be different as will the two long retaining straps that hold the lens. Oh yeah, if you want more light you can install on both wings. The entire electrical system was optional on the PA-16, so there is a good chance your airplane never came with landing lights. Mine didn’t either (16-13). The hardest part will be running the wires if your wing is covered. Get the Short Wing drawings from Short Wing Piper club. Best investment for any short wing owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dgapilot; 10-01-2023 at 08:19 AM.