Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: What is this Lycoming part?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is this Lycoming part?

Located on top just behind #3 cylinder on O-320-a1. I glanced through the Lycoming manual with no luck or I missed it.

IMG_1022.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is this Lycoming part?

oil pressure relief, two types. Both control pressure on a ball. One is screwed in. Other is stack up of washers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

That engine mount bushing is looking a little sad, are they all like that, and have they been replaced since Geo. W Bush was president?

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like your oil pressure regulator is screwed all the way out. I found the adjustable oil pressure regulator screwed all the way out on my sonís O320. It needed more oil pressure. Turned the adjuster in quite a bit. I needed to install three full thickness 3/8Ē washers under the nut to make sure the the roll pin was in the castle nut. The oil pressure is a little high. Will probably back out the adjustment a couple turns and install a half thickness washer and a shake proof washer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro