Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Experimental Pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Experimental Pictures?

Stephen,

Those pictures are of the Daringer. It performes very well. He can stall it at 35 and cruises at around 120 with the 31 bushwheels on it. He has a set of 8:50 that he wants to put on it to see what type of speed he can get out of it but has not done so yet.

He was in today for an inspection and I found out that I was wrong on some of the mesurments I gave earlier. He pushed the firewall out 6 inches, extended the tail 25 inches and raised the cabin 2 inches. It has a 0-360 on the nose with 80 inch constant speed prop on a 0 thrustline engine mount.

Pistoncan,

He extended the firewall just forward of the front door post. So everything from the dash forward is the same. He did weld in 2 support tubes that angle from the dash to the front door cluster. I have a picture of that to make it a little more clear.

The airplane is verry semetrical in its apperance and if you did not know that he started with a Pacer frame you would never know it from just looking at it. It is also a very large airplane. I am 6 foot 2 and can stand upright under the wing.

Brian.

[attachment=2:2xf20227]007.JPG[/attachment:2xf20227]

[attachment=1:2xf20227]008.JPG[/attachment:2xf20227]

[attachment=0:2xf20227]004.JPG[/attachment:2xf20227]

Post Thanks / Like

More pics

[attachment=2:1a14882i]005.JPG[/attachment:1a14882i]

[attachment=1:1a14882i]006.JPG[/attachment:1a14882i]

[attachment=0:1a14882i]017.JPG[/attachment:1a14882i]

Post Thanks / Like

And just a few more

[attachment=2:7v9sr747]011.JPG[/attachment:7v9sr747]

[attachment=0:7v9sr747]016.JPG[/attachment:7v9sr747]

[attachment=1:7v9sr747]010.JPG[/attachment:7v9sr747]

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it will be of interest to anyone but here are two (hopefully) pictures of my project. At this point I am finishing up the fabric formers and will be going back to install the appropriate brackets to install dual sticks which I finished fabricating tonight.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks nice Brad.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve,

I just realized the pictures I posted are somewhat huge. I apologize for that.
    There are certainly some things I might have done differently if I were to do it over but overall Im pretty happy with where I am right now. In particular I would have cut the fuselage at a different point to avoid having to add some of the fabric formers I have had to add. Since I am using the aircraft spruce boxed .032 aluminum formers for most of them the weight it negligible - but it all adds up. My goal is to keep it as light as possible with a minimum of bells and whistles if I can. On a seperate note, I finished the sticks the other night and will try to post a mocked up picture with them some time when I can get my camera to download. Right now it has the yokes in it but I built the stick setup and would rather have them.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!!
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Attached is a Picture of my experimantal clipper 160 hp, wings 1' longer each side, fuselage 1' longer between trailing edge of wing and leading edge of horizontal. Skiplane for wintertime ops.

Post Thanks / Like

Note the white "duct" tape on the engine cowling openings to cut down on the airflow when it's 30 below zero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I saw your Clipper at Sun & Fun several years ago. I even have some pictures of it.