Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luscombe 8A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Luscombe 8A

Hey Cathy,

Yeah. You'll need "Crime Scene" tape. Actually, no matter what you do, some people are going to touch the airplane. They just can't help themselves. Something about all that shiny aluminum is just irresistible. I yell at all the old guys... and invite all the cute girls to take a closer look. 8-)

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Luscombe 8A

At Sun'N Fun two years ago an old guy walked around my airplane rubbing his hands on every surface. He rubbed the wings, ailerons, elevator, stabilizer, cowling, prop, wheel pants. I finally asked him if he had a question or concern about the airplane. He said no, why?. I said you rubbing your hands over everything on the airplane, I wondered why. I told him common courtsey around airplanes was not to touch another persons airplane without asking and to please note the "PLEASE LOOK BUT DO NOT TOUCH" sign on every prop. He was thoroghly offended by my comment and left. :P I was glad to see him go.

I think part of the problem is allowing anyone on the flight line now that buys a ticket. They need to hand everyone a small card with the rules of etiquette around airplanes printed on it. Like wheel pants are not steps for your kid to climb on. RV flaps are not for you step up on the wing with. Don't carry your stupid chair with you while you manuver to look in my cockpit window. And don't bang your backpack or camera around you neck against my airplane while you look.
    We didn't have these problems when the flight line was restricted to airplane people. I think that everyone should be aforded the opportunity to look. Just explain some simple rules to them when they buy their ticket and tell them they are responsible for their kids. Keep ahold of their hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, yesterday's weather was perfect for test flying, 65 degree with 4-5 knot winds. The Luscombe which has been under complete rebuild for longer than I care to admit took to the skies with it's owner and I at the controls. Man what fun we had. This thing weighed in at 821 lbs. with a C85-8 and she performed like a little sports car. Had to adjust the rudder tab but after that is was hands off. It was an amazing feeling to finally get to fly this airplane.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Pierceaero/ ... e8ANC1534K

Post Thanks / Like

Boy Howdy! Steve, That IS a beautiful airplane! Great Job!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve,

Beautiful job on the Luscombe. It sure looks nice in polished aluminum.

Can you tell me how to get the Gallery photo to show on the SWP.Org Home page. Also how to initiate a post without tagging on to an existing one?

Thanks,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coulee Clipper
    Hi Steve,

Beautiful job on the Luscombe. It sure looks nice in polished aluminum.

Can you tell me how to get the Gallery photo to show on the SWP.Org Home page. Also how to initiate a post without tagging on to an existing one?

Thanks,
    John
    Hey John, I cant answer your photo question but as to a new post,from the index page, click on the category where you want to post and then at the top left you'll see a "new topic" button. Hope that helps- Hillbilly

Post Thanks / Like

Gilbert,

Several years ago I know a guy who had a Sterman parked on the line at a fly in. He watched a fellow in a brand new Cadillac park his car, walk over to the Sterman, and proceed to get up on the wing, move the prop, literally open the side cowls to look at the engine ect..ect.. So, he decided to go over to the guys brand new Cadillac and open the doors, slam them shut, open the hood ect.. ect.. Well, as you can imagine, the Cadillac owner got all up in arms over his messing with his brand new car and came over to the Stearman owner demanding just what the hell he thought he was doing. The Stearman owner simply replied "The same thing you are doing to my airplane" Mr Cadillac owner realized at that point that he overstepped his boundraies, opolojized, and then promptly left the show.

Some people just don't get it. Whenever we do fly in's or local shows, there is always at least 2 to 3 guys just doing crowd control around the airplanes. I like your idea of an etiquette card.

Steve,

Looking forward to see all the trophys that airplane is going to win.... Nice work.

Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly,

Thanks for the help. I sometimes stumble around in these sites and can't figure where I'm going. Kind of like flying cross country without a GPS.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coulee Clipper
    Hillbilly,

Thanks for the help. I sometimes stumble around in these sites and can't figure where I'm going. Kind of like flying cross country without a GPS.

John
    No problem, glad to be of any assistance-Hillbilly

Post Thanks / Like

Steve she looks great in the west Texas sunshine. I bet He was pleased. Great work!