Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Hiperbipe

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Hiperbipe

My Hiperbipe.

I was unknowingly ambushed by at least two photographers the last time I attended and open house and now I'm all over the web. http://www.vg-photo.com/airshow/kszp1007/sorrell.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Hiperbipe

I flown a hyperbipe a couple times the one I was flying in set the record at one time for outside loops.

Post Thanks / Like

Love those things.

Post Thanks / Like

If your out there Frankenpacer......we would love to see you again. And you won't cop the crap you copped before. Steve get's rid of abusers!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Curly - hope you are well.

I'm still here but priorities have changed and the Hiperbipe has been replaced by a Harmon Rocket and a 1940 BL-65 T-craft. No mission requirement for the Shortwing any longer, so after several years hanging in the rafters it's for sale.

Last edited by Frankenpacer; 05-11-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenpacer View Post
    Hi Curly - hope you are well.

I'm still here but priorities have changed and the Hiperbipe has been replaced by a Harmon Rocket and a 1940 BL-65 T-craft. No mission requirement for the Shortwing any longer, so after several years hanging in the rafters it's for sale.
    I'm sorry your Pacer project did not get completed, you had some intriguing ideas. Hopefully, some creative person will pick up where you left off. Like you posted, you are basically giving it away.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Stephen. It's worth more as parts of course, but I'd sure like to see the airplane completed someday (which is reflected in the giveaway price). It will be a neat little bird. My plan was a fast (ish) cross country/heavy hauler, but the need for speed and comfort is very adequately satisfied in the Rocket. I'm spoiled now, and anytime I fly something with a cruise speed of under 200 knots I want to rip my eyes out. Even my wife comments if the GPS ground speed gets much under 200.

The Rocket is a stock 260 HP which is now being fitted with full EFI from SDS. I was running with their ignition for a while and found some amazing gains by playing with their fully adjustable curve. As a result of that experience I have jumped in with their full EFI system. Once it's flying again, I expect to easily hit my cruise/FF target of 200KTAS @ 10 GPH.

The T-cart is a recent purchase. My dad owned this exact airplane when I was a little kid, and is the first small airplane I ever rode in. He sold it in 1973 and didn't see it again until I tracked it down and bought it sight unseen in April of 16.
    Last edited by Frankenpacer; 05-11-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive airplane, I can see you keep yourself busy. I spent a lot of my early flying in your area, I soloed on El Mirage dry lake (66)), bought my J3 in 69 from a guy at a long gone airstrip south of Lancaster. I loved to land at Mojave and explore the old planes stored in the desert.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I built one of those (HiperBipe) as an RC model in the 70's...great looking airplane!
    Last edited by cacctus; 03-25-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: addition

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I have a Hobie Sorrell Guppy. All I have to do to it is put the wings on and swap the engine from my other plane to the Guppy and it is ready to fly. I bought it and loaded it into the shed without taking any pics but I found a couple of pics online that I swear are of my Guppy, I cannot see any differences.
    sorrel-guppy-2.jpgs-ghl500.jpg
    Here is a pic of a different one that shows how small it is..
    Lucky4.jpg
    Woops, wrong one ...
    gup.jpg