Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Larger nose wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larger nose wheel

Does anyone know if there is an STC or ?? that would allow you to change the nose fork for a larger tire/wheel size? I would like to have a little more forgiveness for rough strips in my Tri.

Many Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Larger nose wheel

Hello;
    I found no STC for a bigger fork, but I installed a 7.00 x 6 on this plane via a 337. It serves the purpose of a little more "cushion" on the nose, however if you are doing a lot of rough surface landings, some procedure modification will go a long way in smoothing out landings. By making the landing using the soft field technique, you will not be putting the nose down at high speeds and as such with the larger footprint of the 7.00 x 6 should work fine. It is a lot less paperwork.

[attachment=0:75cc36iu]7.00 x 6 on Nose Wheel.JPG[/attachment:75cc36iu]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Larger nose wheel

see http://www.airglas.com/nose_fork/index.html the pa-32 one with 8:50 x 6 .... not sure on if approved ..........