Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Wing tanks in a Vagabond

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wing tanks in a Vagabond

That is good advise, so guys maybe now you can see how important it is for me to get one that has been approved to cut the work load to a shorter amount of time and a more reasonable rate and then get a DAR or DER to finish the paperwork saving me much needed funds. This is my first and only airplane after flying since 1972. I'm on a very tight budget since my wife's cancer has raised its ugly head once again, so I am trying to finish this thing on very limited money. Thank you dgapilot and again Steve Pierce, without caring people like you guys it would be just a project and not a viable dream.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve i will indeed look that up. Thank you. My mind isn't exactly what it once was. lol. You know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you manage to figure out where the rudder cables exit the fuselage?
    If not, I can go and measure my PA17 in the next few days.

TonyN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 6 Gallon wing tank of PA-17?

Quote Originally Posted by andya View Post
    I have a 337 for field approval for stodard 12 gal tanks done early enough to be used as approved data
    Beautiful. Could you send it to me at warren_winkler@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not really Tony. I sure would appreciate that and maybe a picture of the hook up in the rear on each side of the rudder also how you covered the cables exit from the rear of the fuselage. I have the same problem with the hookup of the elevator, another-wards I have no idea which cable goes where nor how they attach to the actuating arm. Thank you Tony you have been a blessing.
    Last edited by taildragger; 01-20-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I will take pics for you of the rudder cable atachment. Very straight forward.
    As I had my old fabric as a reference it was easy for me to make holes in fabric, in the correct place, first time.
    I doped teardrop shaped fabric patches over the hole after I pulled the cables through the fabric.
    Others glue leather (or similar) teardrop shaped patches over the cable exit holes.

Describing the routing of the elevator cables clearly in words is a bit of a challenge, though I have notes written down!
    It really helps if you can see down the back of the fuselage from the cabin. Best to take the parcels shelf out for a better view.
    This allows you to positively confirm the cables are routed clear of fuselage tubes and have been threaded through the correct fairleads.
    TonyN

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that all help will be appreciated. Another problem I'm having is the hookup of the elevator. I figured out the aileron's but the tail feathers has me completely baffled. Any and all measurements and especially pictures would be a life saver. Thank you for your help and concern and thank you for making a life long dream come to a completion. I'm 73 and this is my dream coming true after all these years of renting and borrowing. My email address is [email]warren_winkler@hotmail.com[my] phone is 947400831. Thank you again Tony
    Last edited by taildragger; 01-21-2020 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Better if posted here so it can help others.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do.

Warren, what is the installation status of your elevator cables? Have they been installed (from the control colums) and run through the fuselage pulleys and fairleads and just need connecting up to the elevator crank?
    I think that may be the case as I seem to recall you sent me a pic of the cables down by the elevator.
    If you can post some pics of your cables looking from the cabin that will help.
    TonyN

Post Thanks / Like

I can send you a bunch of them. Send me your email and I will get them out to you. You have been so helpful and I thank you for that.