Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wings and things

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wings and things

I have a set of '53 tri pacer wings. No crash damage. but will need minor repairs and recover, included are fuel tanks, new leading edges in the box, some replacement nose ribs, landing light assembly, new wood bows, tank covers, flaps, ailerons, I put cessna wings on my pacer so I don't need these. Also have a set of old style wing struts, strut fairings, nose gear assembly, ( pa 22 to PA 22 )
    one set of Univar PA 20 conversion landing gear. ( some damage but very repairable) Also have STC paper work for installing dual disc brakes on pacers . I bought these gear and paperwork from Wentworths and I didn't need the gear or paperwork ( I wanted the brakes, wheels , and tires ) Also have some misc parts.
    Email me for more info or pics
    samsss (at ) wildblue.net or call Sam cell # 814 251 3033 All parts located in Central PA 50 miles south of Lock Haven, Also planning on going to Sun & Fun Looking for fair offers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wings and things

what is the advantage of putting cessna wings on your pacer? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

float.....

OK, ok, maybe the pilot could make a smooth landing once in a while.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Why put Cessna Wings on a Pacer? It kept me out of the house and the noise,wife and two girls for a year. I had the wings. I was bored doing " honey , the ______ needs this or that " . I wanted a experimental as my '66 260B Comache was boring to fly locally for fun.
    BUT the biggest reason , I wanted something I could do all the work. After owning a dozen planes, builting 3 exp. This one was more exciting than reading a book and putting it together. I now have a plane that I am sure no one else will have. I can experiment with various items, easy access to piper and cessna parts for repairs .
    The wings are so stock that I could take another cessna wing and mount it in hours. the only change to the wing is adding a internal flap spring, and making a hole a little larger where the flap and aileron cables enter the wing.
    Hopefully, in the next few years, my wife and I will be able to take a trip around the USA. The Comanche is a great machine for going from A to B but not for enjoying the scenery on the way. Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sam, Did you see the pictures Brian posted of his friend that built an experimental based on a Pacer with Cessna wings? You guys could probably compare notes and it would be interesting to know similarities and differences in how you did things. One day I hope to have time to do a similar project.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve, Are you talking about the Darringer? I believe it has a T-Craft wing and Cessna flaps and the factory wing struts. If not the Darringer then where is the message?
    Maybe this site sould number each message like the Comanche site does. Then you can jusyt refer to that message and reponse # Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brain fart. You are right, it was the Derringer with Cessna flaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam, great reasons for the mod. I like it!
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 160STol
    I have a set of '53 tri pacer wings. No crash damage. but will need minor repairs and recover, included are fuel tanks, new leading edges in the box, some replacement nose ribs, landing light assembly, new wood bows, tank covers, flaps, ailerons, I put cessna wings on my pacer so I don't need these. Also have a set of old style wing struts, strut fairings, nose gear assembly, ( pa 22 to PA 22 )
    one set of Univar PA 20 conversion landing gear. ( some damage but very repairable) Also have STC paper work for installing dual disc brakes on pacers . I bought these gear and paperwork from Wentworths and I didn't need the gear or paperwork ( I wanted the brakes, wheels , and tires ) Also have some misc parts.
    Email me for more info or pics
    samsss (at ) wildblue.net or call Sam cell # 814 251 3033 All parts located in Central PA 50 miles south of Lock Haven, Also planning on going to Sun & Fun Looking for fair offers
    Do you still have the gear or the stc paperwork?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you sell the wings and other parts at Sun N Fun? If not, get back to me. I would like to find a good set of wings and could use the gear too as I have a PA22-20 project. At least we can talk......

hmhaught@gmail.com