Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Tank Felt Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Fuel Tank Felt Parts

100_1913.jpg

100_2252.jpg

I was looking to replace the felt on the three pairs of wings I am rebuilding and was amazed to find out that it would cost almost $200 per airplane for the felt on the fuel tank straps, tank cover ribs and tank bay rods. I found the specifications for the felt parts on the Piper drawings and got the felt cut to size and Cathy sewed the tank rod covers together. I had to place a minimum order so I have more than I need. If anyone else needs any of these parts here is what I have.

Piper part numbers 10016-17, 10016-20 and 10016-21 fuel tank strap felt parts. All the felt to cover all four sets of fuel tank straps in both wings $30.

4 fuel tank brace felt covers Piper part number 11034-00 that go over the tank brace rods where they exit the fuel tanks $30.

Piper part number 180-497 felt that covers the fuel tank cover ribs to keep them from rubbing into the fuel tank $8 per airplane.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 09-11-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuel Tank Felt Parts

Steve, if your felt is still available I need a complete kit for a Colt. wpbradburn@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bill, Yes I still have a little. I sent you an email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cathy put together a site to sell the fuel tank felt parts if anyone needs them. http://pierceaeropartsandsupplies.ecrat ... cid=666272

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

I would be happy to purchase the fuel tank felt parts but your online shop appears to be no more. Would you consider making anymore or specifying the dimensions so that i could make some - $200 makes me suck in my teeth for bits of felt!

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhillier View Post
    Steve,

I would be happy to purchase the fuel tank felt parts but your online shop appears to be no more. Would you consider making anymore or specifying the dimensions so that i could make some - $200 makes me suck in my teeth for bits of felt!

Regards
    I bought rolls from Univair and they gave me the length information. Saved me a bunch of money. The lengths might be in my rebuild thread or I can dig them up. Rick at Univair is my contact based on being in STL, he is the one that set me up with all of it.

Jim
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the lengths but I don't have the Univair number for the rolls of felt handy.

Felt Piper # 10016
    -17 4 15/16"
    -21 35"
    -22 28 3/4"
    -23 5 1/2"
    -24 11 3/4"
    -20 32"

Installation details are on drawing 14414
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

thanks very much fellas.

regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dhillier View Post
    Steve,

Regards
    My website is still up and running. Actually just got more stock in and cut to length yeasterday. Univair has it as well, about $200 vs. $68 from me if you need everything. https://www.freewebstore.org/piercea...61_115078.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

I found some wing tank strap felt from Home Depot, which exact match that was on wings just purchased. Item # 1000-67-603,
    Item Description:
    E/O 1-1//4 in X 17ft..Nail on felt Weather Seal was $2.78 per role of 17 foot. ($9.06 including tax, for 3 - 17' rolls.....Store pick up)
    3/16 " thick X 1-1/4" W X 17 feet. ...............Sold under Frost King label..............It is worth a look.
    Not available in stores local, but was shipped to store for pick, for no charge. Or it can be ordered and delivery to home for freight/postage