Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: rear seat frame

Post Thanks / Like

Default rear seat frame

I am considering doing my experimenat shortwing tandem and I was looking for the rear seat frame print on the cd. am I missing it? I couldn;t find anything but the seat assembly print. thanks Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: rear seat frame

Clipper drawing 11920. Pacer Drawing 13038. T-P drawing 13909 and 14460. They don't give enough detail to build one but do show the installation. Probably the drawing you were looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

Gilbert, Yep those are the ones I was looking at. I am glad to know I am not the only one who couldn;t find a construction print. I assume the rear seat bolts in and is not welded to the fuselage frame as I have a PA22 fuselage without one. I am suprised there is not a construction print in the collection. I have the northland Supercub print cd so I can probably come up with something along those lines. Thank you for your imput. Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce
    Clipper drawing 11920. Pacer Drawing 13038. T-P drawing 13909 and 14460. They don't give enough detail to build one but do show the installation. Probably the drawing you were looking at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gary, The seat slides in a fitting on the right side wall, the left side of the floor and the left side of the fuselage at the rear of the rear door post. Basically an L shaped tube with one leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce
    Gary, The seat slides in a fitting on the right side wall, the left side of the floor and the left side of the fuselage at the rear of the rear door post. Basically an L shaped tube with one leg.
    Thanks Steve, It makes sense now. I went out and looked and I see the keyhole tabs you are talking about. pretty clever. Maybe someone doing a wagabond has one they don't need. Thanks again Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I might have an extra one. I will look and see.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave you one I found in the big hangar at Colonial that was a little rusty. Maybe you used it.