Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steve's Wide Gear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steve's Wide Gear

Steve, I can't post a reply to your posting because you listed it in the for sale catagory, but I just wanted to say "Nice job" I am in lust 8-) When you replace the entire tube, do you cut it at, and remove the old weld? I just purchased some 1x2 inch 6061 aluminum stock to make pillow blocks for the vag control system if you know anyone that needs some. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Steve's Wide Gear

Yes, the tube is cut out and then the weld is ground out to fit the replacement tube. Also replace the gussets. Don't know anyone needing pillow blocks. Seems like Wag Aero used to have surplus Vagabond pillow blocks real cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce
    Yes, the tube is cut out and then the weld is ground out to fit the replacement tube. Also replace the gussets. Don't know anyone needing pillow blocks. Seems like Wag Aero used to have surplus Vagabond pillow blocks real cheap.
    I looked them up on their website # M-482 53.25 x 4= 213.00 is there a different number for the surplus ones? Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Seems like they were a lot cheaper than that but can't remember how many years ago that was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce
    Seems like they were a lot cheaper than that but can't remember how many years ago that was.
    Don;t feel bad, I don;t recall what i had for supper and its only 7:20AM Thanks again for all your help. Gary