Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Pacer Cowl Badges

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri-Pacer Cowl Badges

Hi Gang,
    My pal & I made bronze castings of the "Piper Tri-Pacer 150" badges that were on the engine cowling of my plane "One For Papa".
    These are beautiful, polished bronze, with no mounting holes so you can choose your own method of attachment to your planes or plaque or belt buckle or whatever.
    The original badges were poorly chromed, had enamel in the recesses, were pitted and had holes for attaching to the cowl. Fifty-plus years had taken there toll on those details. We filled the holes & pit marks in the mold and have yet to find a reasonable place to do chrome or decent enamel, so bronze it is! You can spray them with clear laquer to seal them if you like, get the wife to paint in the colors, or just enjoy them as is. A great Father's Day gift, Club prize, hood ornament for the pickup, etc.
    Making molds and doing the casting was actually pretty involved and we are asking $20 ea to recoup the costs, plus shipping. We have 16 available and can make more if these all sell.
    Send me a private message with your requests and home addresss, we'll calculate shipping costs and reply with total price, then you can send a check and we'll mail 'em to you. No bank cards please, we are just poor pilots who made a little project to see what would happen.
    Thanks,
    Glen
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tri-Pacer Cowl Badges

Way Cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job!!
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Those look really nice Glen. I need a set just to look pretty on the wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cowl badge for Pacer

Looking to purchase two cowl Badges20160722_120501.jpg for pacer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cowl badge for Pacer

That's cool! Didn't know some after market badges were to be had.... Installed the super pacer decals from univair on mine...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

that's an original badge but someone must have ground off the "tri" because there was no pacer 150 I think they only came in 55 but not sure on that [I think Ive seen some that say 135 so those would be pre 55' ,origionals are probably a bit rare supercubs had them too [but they don't say pacer on them lol] anyway there was a guy on here not real long ago that was making repos out of brass on bronze ,should be able to find that in the archives .
    Last edited by jay heil; 07-25-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Glen Geller05-14-2008, 06:58 PM
    Hi Gang,
    My pal & I made bronze castings of the "Piper Tri-Pacer 150" badges that were on the engine cowling of my plane "One For Papa".
    These are beautiful, polished bronze, with no mounting holes so you can choose your own method of attachment to your planes or plaque or belt buckle or whatever.
    The original badges were poorly chromed, had enamel in the recesses, were pitted and had holes for attaching to the cowl. Fifty-plus years had taken there toll on those details. We filled the holes & pit marks in the mold and have yet to find a reasonable place to do chrome or decent enamel, so bronze it is! You can spray them with clear laquer to seal them if you like, get the wife to paint in the colors, or just enjoy them as is. A great Father's Day gift, Club prize, hood ornament for the pickup, etc.
    Making molds and doing the casting was actually pretty involved and we are asking $20 ea to recoup the costs, plus shipping. We have 16 available and can make more if these all sell.
    Send me a private message with your requests and home addresss, we'll calculate shipping costs and reply with total price, then you can send a check and we'll mail 'em to you. No bank cards please, we are just poor pilots who made a little project to see what would happen.
    Thanks,
    Glen

Post Thanks / Like

Tripacer badge without the Tri ground off smooth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian; 07-25-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Adornments, I made those cast bronze things ~9 years ago and then all kinds of stuff happened and they never went out.
    Gotta look in the garage and find them and decide how to raffle them off.
    Maybe new paying SWP members or upgrades to existing memberships will earn a pair of badges...

GG - the eternally late with everything guy
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"