Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kitplanes Magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kitplanes Magazine

I have been a reader of Kitplanes for years and have subscribed for the last 3 years.
    I have been trying to renew my subscription but I can't seem to get any response from them. Emailed customer service - even emailed the CEO but zipp, zilch, no cigar!!
    (Which is really strange for an American company - most of them grab the money before I have even taken the wallet out of my hip pocket!)

Has anyone else had any dealings with them - have they gone out of business?

Curly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kitplanes Magazine

Send me $10 bucks (Aussie money only) and I'll check it out.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Curly, my buddy says it's going strong and he gets his copy every month. http://www.kitplanes.com/cs

Hey, and thanks again for the help a while back on the the Ferguson tips.

Stephen
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Go to http://www.purpleboard.net, seems to be like the AOPA board and they have a link for free subscriptions to Kitplanes.
    I filled one out and got my first copy. Under Some Assembly Required, Topic.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Send me $10 bucks (Aussie money only) and I'll check it out.
    Just happened to have a aussie $10 on my desk...its a long way from home..

Post Thanks / Like

Geez Hillbilly - it's a while since I have seen one of those!
    The bloke on the face is A.B. "Banjo" Patterson, one of Australia's most famous poets. He penned "The Man From Snowy River" which is almost an anthem in Australia.

Have a look at the colour - our $5 notes are purple, $10 - Blue, $20 - red, $50 - yellow and $100 - green.

Your treasury could do with some colours - I still remember the look on a kid's face in a donut shop in Milwaukie when I gave him a note to pay for a coffee and told him to keep the change. It wasn't until I was on the bus and halfway to Oshkosh, I realised I had given him $50 instead of $5 - no wonder he was grinning from ear to ear!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I got a fiver here too...Good friend in M'bourne visits us once every year or so. Had a short stack of Philippine pesos but the wife packed it up and sent it home, its colorful too.

Why has it been awhile since you've seen Aussie cash? are you in the US now?
    One other question- why has the Aussie cash got the little clear windows? ( my friend doesn't know )

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately not in the 'States (roll on 2009 - Oshkosh here we come again!)

It's not that I have not seen Aussie dollars - it's just that my pocket money doesn't extend to tenners! (

You will notice that the notes feel like plastic not paper - that's because they are! We changed over to some sort of plastic a few years ago - they are supposed to last longer than paper. They feel like crap, are hard to count, and the only advantage I can think of, is that they don't go soggy in your wallet when you slip arse over head on the boat ramp and take an unintentional swim. (The remote control for the car and the mobile phone didn't enjoy the swim and refused to work ever again!)

The little clear window contains a type of hologram (similar to the watermark in paper notes) and is supposed to be a security check to try and stop forgeries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly
    Unfortunately not in the 'States (roll on 2009 - Oshkosh here we come again!)

It's not that I have not seen Aussie dollars - it's just that my pocket money doesn't extend to tenners! (

You will notice that the notes feel like plastic not paper - that's because they are! We changed over to some sort of plastic a few years ago - they are supposed to last longer than paper. They feel like crap, are hard to count, and the only advantage I can think of, is that they don't go soggy in your wallet when you slip arse over head on the boat ramp and take an unintentional swim. (The remote control for the car and the mobile phone didn't enjoy the swim and refused to work ever again!)

The little clear window contains a type of hologram (similar to the watermark in paper notes) and is supposed to be a security check to try and stop forgeries.
    I thought as much about the little window, and yes its quite evident they are plastic.... On a different note regarding the wet remote and cell phone this should make you feel better...I know a lady, shes a bit shall we say "absent minded"... anyway her husband called her just as she was about to slip a tray of cookies into the oven...well she promptly hung up with her husband and baked her cellphone! I teased her endlessly!, Id call her and share a new "recipe" in which one of the main ingredients would be 2 cups of chopped Nokia or some such...

Post Thanks / Like

Our money is starting to get some color: http://www.moneyfactory.gov/newmoney/ The new bill designs are going to keep coming pretty often so they can stay ahead of the counterfeiters. Problem is, now there are so many versions of US money out there nobody knows what a real one should look like anymore.

We make dollar bill changers at work so it's good for our business -constant upgrades.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb