Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Wrong In This Picture?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What Is Wrong In This Picture?

[attachment=0:2f7hw3fc]DSC01584 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:2f7hw3fc]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What Is Wrong In This Picture?

....... What Is Wrong In This Picture?

Seeing that the NTSB usually finds Cessna pilots with their hand on the microphone, maybe the pilot in this picture has limited his options by only having a couple of radio antennas.

Post Thanks / Like

Improper tail number size??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry, the picture didn't load completely. Look again and see what you think. 8-)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice little tail wind he has there. Sure hope there are no obstacles at the end of that grass strip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good job Ed. That is Johnson Creek, ID and he got a burst of wind all of a sudden that was about 20 mph from behind.

[attachment=0:2nkotoi4]100_04731 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:2nkotoi4]

Stephen has been there. It is on my "Things To Do" list.

Post Thanks / Like

What else is "wrong" is that I can only see the over-the-nose pic of the REAL AIRPLANE on mid-final when I'm in the "Reply" mode, but NOT in the main thread. Nor can I see the "that's right" reply Steve made in the main thread after several retries. Also, apparently Steve Pierce and I must have Posted a reply to the same thread at the same time (?) a couple days ago, and instead of MY post showing up on my computer right after "sending", Steve's did. Mine has not shown up (about two days now) but that's no biggie because Steve and I said almost exactly the same thing anyway. Glitch alert... (yeah, yeah, "something is wrong with MY computer". Uh-uh. That's not it.) Thanks.

OH! and the nose strut on that SpamCan looks somewhat "collapsed", don'cha think? That thing oughta be hangin' outa there, no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

John, I noticed my post didn't come up on the "Low RPM" thread and posted again. Yours is up on my computer. When mine didn't post I rewrote it and posted again. Ususally the software will tell you someone has posted since you posted. I guess we posted at the same time. This is what shows on my computer:

Allan; with a fixed pitch prop, an engine will not turn to redline statically on the ground. The Type Certificate Data Sheet sets the minimum and maximun allowable rpm (at WOT, static, on the ground) for the PA-22 -150 at NOT OVER 2450 or NOT UNDER 2250 for the Landplane with a M74DM installed. Looks pretty much like you don't have a problem, don't it? Very few airplanes will make redline even in LEVEL FLIGHT with the throttle wide open "forever". The redline is the MAXIMUM RPM that engine is supposed to be turned, and as long as you are within static limits from the TCDS, you have an acceptable pitch M74DM installed. It IS quite possible to turn OVER REDLINE with the nose down. The engine will likely NOT "explode" if that does happen, but Lycoming sets the redline with serviceability and longevity considered.
    The deal with the approach picture might be because it is I cut the link from another site and it is not hosted here. I will cut and paste and see if that fixes it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let me known if that worked John. I saved the picture from another site on my computer and then downloaded it to this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Well! Ain't that sumpthin'!?! You and I "traded posts" but neither went to the Forum! Go figure...guess we'll have to de-sychronize our replies, eh?

I dunno whether there was a real glitch with the picture or maybe just some kinda "time voodoo" going on but the mid-final pic is visible in the Forum thread on my computer now... I'll follow up (make a new thread, I guess would be "appropriate") if I get any other "unexpected events". Thx, Steve.