Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reklaw Texas Fly-In Oct. 24-26

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Reklaw Texas Fly-In Oct. 24-26

Is anyone going to the Reklaw Fly-In in east Texas? http://www.reklawflyin.com/ We are planning on being there Friday morning and staying through the weekend. This is always a great laid back get together that I really enjoy. Hope to see some of you there. We will be in this Pacer and Tri-Pacer so please stop by. [attachment=2:1irjmqcw]DSC_3703 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1irjmqcw][attachment=1:1irjmqcw]DSC_3704 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1irjmqcw][attachment=0:1irjmqcw]090708_1320[00] (Medium).jpg[/attachment:1irjmqcw]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Reklaw Texas Fly-In Oct. 24-26

Steve,

When Rex told me you guys were going I was like 'Oh, cool, is Cathy going....I wonder if I can get off of work'. I got the 'look'. :? So I guess it's guys only.... Have fun!!!

PS. He cinched me not going by telling me I had to camp in a tent on the ground....yuck no!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are two pictures of last weekends South East SWP Regional fly-in to Athens, Tennessee. Doesn't look like a guy thing only to me.

Kim, Jump in and go along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Reklaw isn't a guy thing but we do camp even though there are motels in town. Kim you just have to get that Pacer flying so you and Rex can go in your own.

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon Kim - you need to educate that fella of yours.

Camping can be a lot of fun - but you gotta make it comfortable for the ladies. A tent with two openings, at least big enough for 3 and with a floor sewn in (keeps the creepy crawlies out), a good air mattress (at your age I would suggest a double ) a good quality sleeping bag (mine zip together to form a double) a couple of foldup chairs and a small table. The other bits like an Esky for the food and a small stove to make the morning coffee and toast round out the needs.

After a good nights sleep there is something magic about being wakened by the birds just on dawn (or some lunatic in a stearman deciding to do some dawn aero's) and watching the sun come up while sipping coffee and munching crisp toast smothered in orange marmalade.

Try it - you'll love it! But make sure that first couple of times that the weather is going to be nice. A tent is not as much fun when it's raining and blowing and if you look at Batpacer's photographs you will see one of him camping in the snow - no way Jose'

I am off to the workshop - just thinking about it has got my juices going - I need to get Patsy flying so that I can practice what I preach!!

Curly

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve, what's the weather like there at this time of the year? And what are those big things in the backround.....trees? I thought it was in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

42 degrees last night and 75 today. East Texas is like Louisiana as West Texas is desert. Very diverse climate and terrain from east, west, north and south. The Flying M Ranch where the Fly-In is located is cut out of 100 foot tall pine trees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce
    Is anyone going to the Reklaw Fly-In in east Texas? http://www.reklawflyin.com/ We are planning on being there Friday morning and staying through the weekend. This is always a great laid back get together that I really enjoy. Hope to see some of you there. We will be in this Pacer and Tri-Pacer so please stop by.
    Steve, I'll be coming down Sat morning but only hanging out for the day before headng back. Will be on a motorcycle :shock: though instead of my Pacer . It's down for the annual. Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to meeting you. Roland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bultaco Jim
    Hey Steve...................And what are those big things in the backround.....trees? I thought it was in Texas.
    Good question and I did'nt know that the grass grew green in Texas.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just returned from an awesome weekend in the east Texas piney woods. Will post some pictures so ya'll can see that there really are big trees in Texas.