Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reklaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reklaw

What an amazing place to be Sat. I can't believe it's been going on for so long and this was my first time there. First place I've been where Cessna 150's are doing high speed (depending on what your perception of high speed is) fly bys. I guess theres a little fighter jock in all of us. Had a nice conversion with Jerry from Louisiana who I got on this departure shot. Steve, I came by a few times but missed you. Expected to see more short wingers there. I would guess less than 10 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Reklaw

Fossil, Sorry I missed you. I was all over the field all weekend. If Lee wasn't following me, I was chasing him. He really gets bored when I start talking to people but lucily he puts up with me. [attachment=2:2o7uau1j]100_3329 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:2o7uau1j][attachment=1:2o7uau1j]100_3301 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:2o7uau1j][attachment=0:2o7uau1j]100_3304 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:2o7uau1j]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some Short Wings we encountered.[attachment=4:3slmtxs0]100_3315 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:3slmtxs0][attachment=3:3slmtxs0]100_3311 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:3slmtxs0][attachment=2:3slmtxs0]100_3313 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:3slmtxs0][attachment=1:3slmtxs0]100_3321 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:3slmtxs0]

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great time at Reklaw this weekend. Good to see you again Steve. here are a couple of additional photos[attachment=2:180qmkp9]Reklaw 1.jpg[/attachment:180qmkp9][attachment=1:180qmkp9]Reklaw 2.jpg[/attachment:180qmkp9][attachment=0:180qmkp9]Reklaw 3.jpg[/attachment:180qmkp9]

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of prop is on that Cub?
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is one of the Legend Cubs and it has the new Sensenich ground adjustable prop on it. Weighs 2 lbs. more than a wood. You loosen the 6 or 8 bolts insert the pitch key that you want, rotate the blades until they are locked and torque. They are getting some great cruise, climb and pull numbers using this prop. I had a long discussion with Darren Hart, the president of Legend. I am hoping they will certify this prop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A heckuva Tri-Pacer pilot landed shorter than a lot of the Super Cubs over the trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1uAtnlnMAE

Post Thanks / Like

A heckuva Tri-Pacer pilot landed shorter than a lot of the Super Cubs over the trees.
    Probably has much to do with Pilot ability :mrgreen: