Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SUPER STOL BREEZY UNVEILED AT COPPERSTATE FLY IN

Default SUPER STOL BREEZY UNVEILED AT COPPERSTATE FLY IN

I saw this unusual machine at the fly in this weekend. Built by Yakima Aerosport and flown down from Washington in 20 hours. The fly in organizers were so confounded they wouldn't let him fly it so he had it on static display. Yakima Aerosports is an authorized Dakota Cub Shop. This rig uses one of the extended Dakota Cub Slotted Wings, Northern Fabricators extended gear pakage w/ 31" bush wheels, and the nose gear off a Tri-Pacer. IO-360 power swings a warp drive 4 bladed prop. Far Out![attachment=2:2a9oc8ot]YAKIMA-BREEZY.jpg[/attachment:2a9oc8ot]

Default Re: SUPER STOL BREEZY UNVEILED AT COPPERSTATE FLY IN

A few more detail shots. This thing looks like too much fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Mark, I had talked to Mike at Yakima Aerosport about his Breezy projects but had not seen one. Awesome. I see he is using Super Cub seat, rudder pedals, brakes etc. Looks like a lot of fun. Why wouldn't they ;et him fly it?

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered the same thing, Why wouldn;t they let him fly it? Its not that unusual. I recall seeing quite a few of them at Oshkosh back in the late 70's (of coarse not STOL) If I recall correctly the original used aeronica wings. I had a friend that flew one and loved it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that for the pictures Mark, I've been hearing about this project. I heard that they could put three seats across in the rear. I also talked to Mike at Yakima Aero about a Pacer project they may do in the future. I hope it actually happens.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."