Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: Bungee Installation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Bungee Installation

Cathy has been flying a friends Tri-Pacer and I noticed the bungees have been sagging a bit. A little investigation revealed 2 1080s were installed last time and it has always been my experience that that combination normally only last a year or so before the sag sets in. I ordered two 1280HD bungees and thought I would swap out the one 1080 since they were pretty new. Cathy removed the seats, put the tail stand on the tail guard, weighted the left wing at the tie down fitting and picked the front of the airplane up at the propeller via a prop sling and engine hoist until the right wheel cleared the ground.
    100_3509.jpg
    She then removed the top bolt out of the right hydrasorb, picked the right gear up enough to stick a milk crate under it and expose the bottom hydrasorb bolt, removed it, and wiggled the hyrdasorb out the top.
    100_3510.JPG
    I then cut one of the 1080s off and installed a 1280HD and she reversed the process to install. It was time for soccer practice so we will finish up tomorrow.
    100_3518.jpg
    100_3520.jpg
    You can see the 1080 and 1280HD bungee installed closest in the picture and two 1080s on the far side. We will see how this works out because my Pacer and Brian's Tri-Pacer all have fairly new 1080s with a sag.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 08-25-2021 at 12:19 PM.