Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Manual

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flight Manual

Is a copy of the Piper "Airplane Flight Manual" for PA-22-150 posted anywhere online? I called Univare and they have the PA-22-160 Flight Manual only. I have owners manual, but the type certificate lists a flight manual in the equipment list.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flight Manual

You can get an original from the New Piper for YOUR aircraft. I don't have the "straight in telephone number" to start this ball rolling right on the top of the pile, but somebody will have it handy. Or...just call the number on The New Piper website and the receptionist will know to whom you need to be "sent to". It's not overly "cheap", but it IS an official [albeit -no doubt- "outdated"] AFM from the Manufacturer, for your airplane. It has always been required IN THE AIRPLANE since it left the Factory as part of the equipment on board, but sadly you find airplanes without them all the time (HOW CAN THAT BE when it is required by the TCDS to be in the airplane any time it commits aviation and it has no doubt been inspected and signed off as "airworthy" thirty times, AT LEAST???). The AFM includes as part of the document the original W&B report for the airplane, and a most current addended W&B will need to be procured "locally" and attached. The one from Piper will NOT include any AFM Supplements for mods done since it was new (if any) but those are required, as well. Its a safe bet that the Piper Equipment List for your airplane is outdated, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I as well as several IA's mistakenly believed that the owners manual and an updated W&B, and equipment list was sufficient. CLEARLY THIS IS NOT SO according to the Type Certificate. I believe that I found the AFM in my old records. It looks like it is only three pages, which includes; 1. Limitations, 2. Procedures, and 3. Performance Information. I have also found; Supplement No. 1 (which I no longer need as I have no aux fuel tank), Piper Report No. 790 "Winterization Supplement" (which again, I do not have the equipment this is referring to any more). I also located the original W&B and equipment list. It seems that the owners manual is not required as interior equipment.

Thanks John.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the AFM for the PA-20.

[attachment=0:1rxxphab]pa-20-afm-all-1 (1).jpg[/attachment:1rxxphab]

Thanks Joe for the info. s

Post Thanks / Like

You're quite welcome. I found that when I was researching Pacers and thought it would come in handy to have on my hard drive...

I was right!

..Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Here is the AFM for the PA-20.

[attachment=0:1rxxphab]pa-20-afm-all-1 (1).jpg[/attachment:1rxxphab]

Thanks Joe for the info. s
    Stephen, are you able to repost the AFM? The link you provided originally no longer works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do not believe that Piper will provide the manuals anymore. They refer you to, I believe TDS. This is an electronic information supplier to the industry. AD subscriptions, etc. They have recently contracted with several manufactures to electronically supply information. They are very expensive as you have to subscribe to receive any information. I guess by definition the manufacture is still suppling you with a AFM or POH. The original W&B data is long gone from their files. Tried to run this down with Piper about three months ago. Does anyone have an original 1955 TriPacer Owners Manual that they would sell or allow me to have professionally reproduced?
    N2709P

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2709P View Post
    I do not believe that Piper will provide the manuals anymore. They refer you to, I believe TDS. This is an electronic information supplier to the industry. AD subscriptions, etc. They have recently contracted with several manufactures to electronically supply information. They are very expensive as you have to subscribe to receive any information. I guess by definition the manufacture is still suppling you with a AFM or POH. The original W&B data is long gone from their files. Tried to run this down with Piper about three months ago. Does anyone have an original 1955 TriPacer Owners Manual that they would sell or allow me to have professionally reproduced?
    N2709P
    I should have been more clear. I have an AFM for my plane already.

I'm currently in the process of restoring the POH that I have for my 56 tripacer. Everything has been scanned at 600dpi, pages have been cleaned and updated. All scratches and blemishes have been removed.

The reason I was asking about the AFM was because the registration of my plane has changed and my AFM has the old marks in it. I was trying to see if anyone had a clean scanned version of it before I undertook the process myself of scanning the document and amending the registration marks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you David!
    N2709P