Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtex Interiors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Airtex Interiors

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfever
    In typical Forum Fashion, (beating a dead horse): IS it possible that the early Pipers had the door handle oriented aft, and this was changed at some point?

I heard that there is a Piper part drawing showing the handle oriented aft as well.

My money is against it, encyclopedia W has spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    Both handles originally pointed forward. Absotively. Posilutely.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I missed something, but how can we access the attached pictures from the old forum. I really liked those that showed the airtex interiors from Ben. You can't get much out of Airtex.

Dundee,(Weston)NY and Hernando ,( Holder) Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what is happening at Airtex? I used their products years ago and found them quite helpful ,but recently I needed some info about something on one of their products and after 3 calls and promises to call back ,I never heard from them. Finally gave up and had a local upholsterer sew it up for me. Larry Huntley

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The owner was killed and I think his son took it over. Call and talk to Stretch. It took me a few calls but once I reached him he was very helpful. They were very busy when I called.

Lou, I will retrieve Ben's pictures and get them back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    The owner was killed and I think his son took it over. Call and talk to Stretch. It took me a few calls but once I reached him he was very helpful. They were very busy when I called.

Lou, I will retrieve Ben's pictures and get them back up.
    The owner's first name is Dodd. His father was lost on his way to OSH' afew years ago. Dodd is good people and does a good job. The company is a family buisness and every thing is made when ordered from templates. I see him every year at OSH'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is his last name Stretch? I don't know where I got that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Is his last name Stretch? I don't know where I got that.
    Yes his name is Dodd Stretch. His father was killed taking off from LL11 in Illinois the Thursday before OSHKOSH in his Cherokee Six, his girl friend was with him. When Katy Neuman wanted to come to OSHKOSH last year For the memorial ceremony for her father and brother Dodd picked up the whole bill,up and back. That’s just the kind of guy he is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, I didn't know Katy was at OSH or that their was a ceremony. That is great. You meet some truly amazing people in aviation. Thanks for letting us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Steve. When I called them, they only wanted to discuss the PA-12 pic they have in their catalog. Ben's pics were much more of an advertisement for the PA-22 stuff. After hearing the story of their misfortune, I would be willing to forward them more info around color,fabric, and style combinations in order for them to work up better visual presentations of the type of products they offer. They sounded receptive to that, so maybe we (swpo) can help them out here. Thanks to all.

Lou S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Got them uploaded on page one.