Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rigging

Oh, Steve, it does fly well. That stop I got in the trim is what shocked me into thinking all sorts of horrible things. I must remember to remain calm. This is a must when your cutting into your new fabric to fix the hole that started all your shaking and nervousness.

Post Thanks / Like

Before I lose everybody's attention....a question.
    What's this?
    Attachment 17243
    Of everything taken off the plane I have this. Mmm? Plane is a 1959 tri-pacer. Un-molested.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again,

....."chafe excessively"..... not easy to achieve with Steve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hi again,

....."chafe excessively"..... not easy to achieve with Steve.
    Whataya say we both gang up on him and see what happens?
    Kidding. I mentioned very early on that I can usually, and do, get my questions answered thru research and never do post questions. I really cannot add to much knowledge to the group as I have just returned from a 30 year vacation from my A&P privileges. This was triggered by my purchase of the 59 TP that brought me out of the other vacation I had been on for 23 years....the lawful use of my pilots license. So, Jim, you should have chimed in a little earlier...I had my chance to do some excessive chafing and blew it. Ha!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again,

I don't want to write for Steve, but I've "heard" he'll get real quiet in responding to those that don't recognize the opportunity to become a donating member. But then, there are one hell of a lot of threads here Steve hangs with for months without contributors involved. I see a donating member as making a statement of respect for this sites value to us all. There are no viable alternatives to the knowledge so easily found here.

Post Thanks / Like

I get it. There is a bar up at the lake that's kinda like that. I always wondered why everybody laughed at the funny things until someone else cracked a joke. Like thinking you were invited to dinner but found out you were not. Not good. As I said, I really did not have to jump in and ask a question. Everyone was very helpful but I get it.
    I appreciate the fact that anyone can enjoy reading these threads, search engines pick them up and they go on for years. See ya Jim.

Post Thanks / Like

MrBill,

No, I was not writing to say anything like the way you're taking my words. My intent was to help in understanding the way things have gone in the past, not pushing an agenda or any message. Please continue as you have, I was expressing my willingness to bring you into the fold by telling some of the past I've seen or experienced. There are a hell of a lot of airplane people here that appreciate the thoughts of all participants in these forums, me included. Sharing what I've encountered is only that. Please excuse my making you feel anything other than extremely welcome to all we, me, others, owners, groupies, lost, and every other person here wants to gain through being welcomed here. Again, please accept my apology.
    Last edited by Jim; 06-06-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    I get it. There is a bar up at the lake that's kinda like that. I always wondered why everybody laughed at the funny things until someone else cracked a joke. Like thinking you were invited to dinner but found out you were not. Not good. As I said, I really did not have to jump in and ask a question. Everyone was very helpful but I get it.
    I appreciate the fact that anyone can enjoy reading these threads, search engines pick them up and they go on for years. See ya Jim.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-aXzpQUdw

You need to lighten up Bill!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    Before I lose everybody's attention....a question.
    What's this?
    Attachment 17243
    Of everything taken off the plane I have this. Mmm? Plane is a 1959 tri-pacer. Un-molested.
    Head phone hook, goes on the tube under the instrument panel on the left side. See drawing 12954.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    Head phone hook, goes on the tube under the instrument panel on the left side. See drawing 12954.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, never thought to look at a 1951 drawing. They kept the hook on the TP for years after but dropped it from the newer plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-aXzpQUdw

You need to lighten up Bill! .......I guess I do not have much to fret about after the way at7615 blew things way out of proportion. Watch it your on my list, Ha!