Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jack Screw movement

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jack Screw movement

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    I missed the part where you used vice grips on the jackscrew per the SWPC article on how to do that job.
    You taught me better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    I missed the part where you used vice grips on the jackscrew per the SWPC article on how to do that job.
    Per a SWPC article, vice grips are only applicable during "in-situ" aileron cable adjustment during flight!
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2020 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

So.... I’m replacing the H tube (Stabilizer adjust link U14179-000) inner tube and jack screw/ yoke assembly in my PA20. I Bought the nice new H tube from Univair, and was impressed with the nice zirk fitting and the bushings. The Dakota cub Jackscrew is also a quality piece of hardware.. I was very excited until I couldn’t get them to fit together! Turns out the ear on the h tube is about 1/16” off. Has anyone else has any issues like this, and, does anyone else make the H tube aside from Univair?

Top picture is the old tube, new tube and printout of the plans (which the old tube matches exactly)

Second is new tube and the Dakota cub Jackscrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did you call Univair? I have installed their carry thru tube on Dakota Cub jackscrew yokes in the past without issue. Univair might have gotten off when they welded the ears on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Did you call Univair? I have installed their carry thru tube on Dakota Cub jackscrew yokes in the past without issue. Univair might have gotten off when they welded the ears on.
    I did, talked to Rick and sent him pictures. He said they would pull the parts and compare them to the plans.

Thanks for the insight; I was hoping someone had completed this install with their “updated” carry through tube. I’ll let ya know what they say when I hear back.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk