Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Short Wing Store

Post Thanks / Like

Default Short Wing Store

For those of you shopping for Christmas or just wanting to help promote Short Wing Pipers.Org, we have established a Short Wing Store. You can find the link on the SWPO homepage or just click here:

http://www.cafepress.com/ShortWing.

Thanks for all you do to help this website be a success!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Short Wing Store

Cathy,
    Very kewl! Just placed an order, and it was quite easy to complete. Just a couple of suggestions:
    • Can paypal be used as an option?

No link to return to shortwingpipers.org. Can the storekeeper place a link to get a shopper back to the original site after browsing and/or completing an order?

Unable to access store from forum.This is actually a systemic issue in that we cannot get back to the home page from the forum except for the logo on the bottom of each page. This is only a formatting issue as most customers/visitors of web sites tend to look to the top for a return to the start. It falls naturally with the way we read (top-bottom; left-right) The webmaster uses the top-left to index the forum itself; the next highest level would be the home page. Currently the mother-child relationship (formatting crap) puts the highest level of the forum at top-left, but the return to the home page in the bottom-center of each page. Suggest maybe on the master logo (top-left) change the link to the home page (http://shortwingpipers.org) rather than the board index page (http://www.shortwingpipers.org/phpbb3/index.php). You always want to have an easy route to get you home...

Anyway, just some suggestions from a humble member. Once again, you guys have implemented, where the "mother org" has only discussed, pondered, and procrastinated. Being an active member of both, it's our loss. Congrats!!!!
    Curt
    N7606K/N4405H

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of getting T-shirts and stuff in other colors, some of are hard on white?

Post Thanks / Like

At this time, the only tshirts we have available are the natural, which is kind of an off white and the gray. The polo shirts come in the darker colors (black, red and navy) but are more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Curt,

The cafepress website uses their own payment methods separate from our website, so paypal is not an option. In answer to your other questions, I have forwarded to SJ for review. He knows more about that stuff than I do.

Hope you enjoy the purchase!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi folks,

As always, we do greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions. I've had a Cafepress shop on another site for years and it is limited to what it can do. I suspect there is a way to link back, but I will have to look at it. Maybe a workable solution would be to have the link from the home page open a new browser window, so when you closed that, you would be back on the home page. That is easy enough to do.

PHPBB, and several other of the forum variants have long used the upper left logo as the 'return to forum home' link. Many of us (myself included) who have used the kinds of forums for many years, rely heavily on that upper left link doing that. Having said that, I agree that the link at the bottom is a long way down there and hard to miss, and I have had this comment about that other little forum I run too I'll have to get out of my little box and think about it, it probably bears doing something about.

Cafepress is Cafepress. They provide a neat service because you don't have to have a bunch of inventory around of t-shirts, etc. Their payment options are limited, as are a huge number of other things. There are some other options to Cafepress, but I'm not sure they are much different. Until a group can reach a size that it is capable of buying in bulk, its a great option.

Again, sincere thanks for the comments. The idea here is to make this place as usable and as comfortable as we can for everyone, and your feedback is very important to that.

sj

Post Thanks / Like

Here,s a suggestion... get the caps that don,t have the buttons, more comfortable with a head set on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I pop them off with a pair of wire cutters. We do have some new hats and other things in the works.