Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: The Topic List on the Home Page was

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Essential to my visits to ShortWingPipers.Org

7 33.33%
  • A handy feature, but new list on the forum screen is fine

10 47.62%
  • List? What List?

2 9.52%
  • annoying and unnecessary

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Important Was the List of Active Topics on the Home Page?

Post Thanks / Like

I preferred the old listing, you could tell what you had read at glance. Why did you go to the new format? What is supposed to be better with the "new". Guess I'm just getting old, can't stand change. Pacer15 P in Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer15p View Post
    I preferred the old listing, you could tell what you had read at glance. Why did you go to the new format? What is supposed to be better with the "new". Guess I'm just getting old, can't stand change. Pacer15 P in Pa.
    I am getting used to the new but agree comepletely with the above comment. Keeping track of which message I read was important if I could not stay on the thread till the end, ie being called away for honeydews
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've been out of pocket for a few days in the great white North. The software we were using is no longer supported so a change was needed. I was apprehensive at first but with the little time I have spent with the new software been impressed with it's features. I use the "What's New button at the top of the forum page. If I don't have time to look at all the threads with new posts they are still there the next time I bring it up. There are a lot of features in this software that from an administrative standpoint make it far easier to operate. To my knowledge we have had no more spammer issues since changing over. People also get approved immediately and I don't have to try and determine if you are a real person or a spammer bot. I spent time each day searching email addresses and IP addresses before approving people for the forums. It kept some of the spamming out but not all. The Photo album is a big deal in my opinion. Each person has their own album and there are other sub categories as well. I also think the search feature works a lot better as well. I am still learning all the features myself as is SJ so we will keep posting "how too" and such as we get more proficient at it. I do appreciate everyone's patience I know I can get more frustrated at this computer than I can a broken airplane. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

What I liked was the one click I had setup for the new postings. When I was busy I could click the link check on what's new and then go about my business.
    Also if there is a function to go the the last post in the topic that was not previously read.
    I like to keep up, and I know that it's not much more time to click, click, click, scroll, read, but some of us really don'r have much time when we "sneak" a look ar new posts.

Thanks,

J.D. Barron

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Thanks for all your responses. I guess I will be working on a new front page list

sj

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Try this on for size...

New Front Page Beta

sj

Post Thanks / Like

SJ, Now you've gone a doen it....I have TWO options to choose from to see the latest topics!!!
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."