Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rumors about mongoose09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rumors about mongoose09

So I've heard it through the grapevine that ole mongoose is building a Pitts. Now that's a real short wing. We want some pix!

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the title of this thread!! Yes, it's true, I have started building a Pitts S1-C. I started building the wings and I have all the nose blocks ribs routed out and I'm in the process of cutting capstrips, lots of them. I'm looking at different options for the fuselage, maybe buying an unfinished project to help speed things up so if you know of anything please let me know. The Tri-Pacer is blocked in the hangar by three feet of snow and I'm just hoping it melts before I'm supposed to leave for Sun N' Fun. How are things up in Main??

Post Thanks / Like

A friend has an S-1 Pitts he built many years ago always hangered. He actually built 3 with the help or 2 friends (more moral support than anything) Gordon is an excellent craftsman and airplane builder. He has restored or built ten airplanes that I know of. One of the close friends has gone west and left Gordan his Pitts. He doesn't need 2 of them but is not willing to about give it away. He may part with it complete or less engine and prop. The plane is in Southern California. Private e-male me if you are interested. WAyne

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin - We haven't had an inch of snow in over a month. Merrymeeting is grass (but a little mushy). I've been flying a lot, but battling some windy days that always arrive in the Maine winter regardless of the snow.

It's very cool to hear about the Pitts. Let's see some pix when you get a chance.