Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ShortWingPipers.Org Threatened by Short Wing Piper Club Lawyers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ShortWingPipers.Org Threatened by Short Wing Piper Club Lawyers

You can read the letter from the SWPC Attorneys here:

http://www.shortwingpipers.org/swpccease.pdf

You can read my response to the membership here:

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=0...&id=6423085c69
    Last edited by sj; 02-22-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose no website domain names can include:

"Toys" becasue of "ToysRUs"
    "Burger" becasue of "Burger King"
    "UsedCars" because of "Fred's Used Cars and Liquor Store"
    "IceCream" because of "Baskin and Robbins Ice Cream"
    "Oil and Gas" becasue of "XXXXXXX Oil and Gas"
    "Service Station" becasue "Joe's Service Station"

What a Ray Kroc.

Best,

Mike
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I think someone's ego got the best of them at the SWPC. Their tired newsletter and outdated logo are other examples of the ossification present in that organization. Our little dumpy airplanes don't get enough respect as it is. And neither website is utilized as well as the Aeronca websites. This letter is only another symptom of the poor cooperation prevalent among shortwing owners. Were there any threats made before the took this action? Did they try to call a meeting to discuss the issues and actually promote the use of both webiste? Google Aeronca mailing list and find one of their websites and you'll see how useful a website can be in sustaining interest in whatever breed of aerial beast you own. Again, I'm sorry they took this action.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

do we need to donate to fund to return a letter ? where?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

In an effort to avoid using profane language and in the interests of brevity, my first response was simply:
    "Nuts!"
    (ala Gen McAuliffe, Bastogne, Belgium 1944)
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

This is ridiculous. Why can't people just sort out issues with a phone call and a friendly disscussion??
    You have my full support, and if donations are needed to fund a response, I am more than happy to support the cause from over here in New Zealand.

Craig
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Steve -

I, for one am willing to donate for legal fees. For now, I'll be using the money I usually spend for membership in the SWPC, plus the advertising I was going to do with them, in support of this site. The leadership of SWPC has lost their minds as far as I am concerned. I am also very sorry they have taken this action.

Fabricman
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Disapointing, must be heart breaking for you Steve. What is the "Good" legal advice?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Steve & All,

This is a symptom of the SWPC management and possibly more “senior” membership that want the world to remain the “way it was”, and another reason that caused you all to build the best Short Wing Piper web site known to man. As a current member of both organizations, this unreasonable action taken by the SWPC, Inc causes me to rethink where my dollars are best spent!! If a “legal response fund” is started, please count me in!!
    John Kobbeman
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I once got myself in the manure by describing the SWPC as an example of the "grumpy old men syndrome" - this just proves that I was correct!

Come on everyone - as SWPC members, we need to get off our collective arses and send Frank Sperandeo an email NOW, TODAY, expressing our dismay at this action by the club.

This really is the straw that breaks the camel's back - they have lost me as a member - I will not be renewing!

Curly.

PS: Steve and Steve - don't be backward in asking for financial help. We get far more from this website than it costs - just let us know what you need!
    Last edited by Curly; 01-22-2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: So pissed off I hit the button before I had finished.
    0 0