Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ShortWingPipers.Org Threatened by Short Wing Piper Club Lawyers

Post Thanks / Like

So the SWPC has a law firm on a retainer? I wonder if the club members know their money is going to threaten legal action against other organizations that are in a symbiotic relationship with their own.

Also, hasn't GA had a great resurgence recently due to the limits on aircraft manufacturers' liability. Essentially we were able to beat the lawyers back and in turn Cessna, Piper, Cirrus, and a long list of other companies started building new aircraft. Now these schmucks are bringing the lawyers back into the game over this chicken$hit.

These people are out of touch. I'm sending my money elsewhere and sticking with the Graham Connection.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

well, I read the letter from the tight pants lawyers. If SWPC has rights to the "marks" they have the right to do what they threatend. Yep, can fight and get lawyers or a couple other options.

1. a. those that will drop their member ship over this , should send frank an email or PM on the other forum.
    b. this sight can get around the mess by coming up with a different name. (I believe that will hurt emotionally but certainly will not decrease membership in this forum or it's credibility.
    c. those that feel strongly about this issue regardless of the possible outcome, post ONE more post on the SWPC forum that you're signing off due to this whole issue, ie let the world know the traffic at their forum will drop tremendously.

2. Tell the SWPC that the front is coming and they won't be very pleased when no one participates in their forum, website, dues , etc, BUT to help the situation, you will contract this forum to them IF they shut down the present forum they try to operate, and links for their products will be advertised thru links on this site.

Just a thought. Regardless of how this comes out or what anyone thinks of this "attack" the SWPC will feel a lot of pain.

I don't believe they will find enough members that just like the magazine and products sold to warrant their existence.
    Frank's goal to recruit more members will fade fast.

See, I got that out of my system
    "Progress is our most important problem"
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

I am behind you 100%

Hell make that 1,000%
    This type of crap pisses me off to no end.....

Brian.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable! And to think that I was just about to join that "club" again. This letter just helped make my decision much easier. Anybody know how to get the drawings CD without sending money to the backstabbing "elitist"? Maybe when they go bankrupt and implode they will give this organzation the rights to the CD.

Frank, Miss Pearl is nice, but you just destroyed "your" club.

skydogk
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

This attitude is why I dumped over 20 years of SWPC newletters and gave up my membership, number 998 last year. This is sad...tell us how we can help.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Ive never seen the drawings CD, but I did purchase the "PA-22 Tri-Pacer Parts Catalog" from Univair. It has every part of the aircraft labeled with what looks like original Piper nomenclature and part numbers. My guess is that the catalog is similar if not the same a the CDs.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, What he said:

Steve,

I am behind you 100%

Hell make that 1,000%
    This type of crap pisses me off to no end.....

Brian.

Sincerely, Steve M.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I am in total support of you Steve and Cathy. You all havestarted a great thing here and without it we would all be lost. Just say when where how we can support you and the fight for freedom of speech.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazyivan View Post
    Ive never seen the drawings CD, but I did purchase the "PA-22 Tri-Pacer Parts Catalog" from Univair. It has every part of the aircraft labeled with what looks like original Piper nomenclature and part numbers. My guess is that the catalog is similar if not the same a the CDs.
    Short Wing Piper Club's two Drawing CDs are a wonderful resource for people with plane like ours. As far as I know, no other type club has anything like it. The SWPC should be rewarded for providing those CDs. With the CDs and $$ you can have a print made at your local blue print shop. I have the CDs and have never allowed anyone to have copies made (only fair). I have also been a member here for a while, and on countless post Steve P. has recommended short wing owners buy the set as a basic resource. Nice way to be thanked.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I found it very interesting that the lawyer kept mentioning Short Wing and not Piper in his correspondence. Does that mean they are going after half a trade mark or copyright infringement? I did not think anyone could own Short Wing. My Pacer has been referred to as a Short Wing Piper since its inception and I don’t think the SWPC can lay claim to it. It is mine because I own a Short Wing Piper and I think anyone including this forum can use it with owner’s permissions. It is a shame that lawyers were hired. It is interesting to note that the SWPC club lawyers want to speak to your lawyers. I would assume that is because they can bill, bill and bill more. The only winners in this will be those that are slaves to the billable hour and we all know who that will be. The SWPC should spend their money (the membership’s money) more wisely and try and find someone to do a study and find out why members are leaving the club. I have no intention of rejoining SWPC because I feel they are like the kid who starts losing the game so they go home with the ball. Short Wing refers to my airplane and not to any club. This forum provides a service that the SWPC has all but dropped completely from its venue. Hierarchy of the SWPC has lost touch with its own membership and chapters and they would do well to work towards a common goal of serving all that are paying dues and supporting the Short Wing Pipers left flying our skies! Piper should have more say in this than SWPC. Short Wing belongs to me and every other owner of these wonderful flying machines. I give my vote and my little piece of Short Wing to this forum. I can’t get what I need from SWPC so I joined here and I am happy.
    0 0