Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 150 to 160?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 150 to 160?

Can a 150hp engine in a Pacer be upgraded to 160hp? Like the A2A becomes the B2A, or the A2B becomes the B2B?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been told that the answer is yes but I have no idea what is involved or how much it would cost. The mechanic I asked said "It's not cheap" and that was the end of the conversation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jason, Some good information in this thread. http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...oming-Question

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I suck at the search thing

Post Thanks / Like

When I upgraded from 150 HP to 160 HP I was lucky that my shop traded my narrow deck case for a wide deck case at no charge. I was quoted the same cost to do a straight overhaul for a 150 HP as it is for 160 HP since the pistons and cylinders are almost the same in cost. Where I got in trouble was when I decided to go for a new Sutton exhaust, move the (new) oil cooler, add a light weight starter, get new baffels, change from a generator to an alternator, add a chrome kit, etc.

Juergen
    Pacer 3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Default 150to160

When I was ready for an overhaul, I had a 0320 A and I called Weatern Skyways and they were glad to build me a 0320 B for the extra HP. No extra charge involved for not having the same cores. The new engine and the extra 10 horses did make a difference. With the old engine I had to slope soar to get above 9,000', with the new one 13,000' no problem and it will still climb. It was well worth adding the extra HP, and like Gilbert said, my fuel consumption went down.