Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Wing Piper STCs by Svenn's Aviation

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Short Wing Piper STCs by Svenn's Aviation

I spoke with Josh Svenningsen of Svenn's Aviation yesterday. Sounds like a very busy guy with lots of irons in the fire. Fortunately some of those irons benefit us Short Wing owners considerably with some very useful STCs on some popular modifications that had been getting approved via field approval. As many know field approvals have been difficult in many regions so hats off to Josh for getting these modifications STC'd. Below is the letter I got from Josh with details and pricing, I added links to the FAA's data base for eligibility etc.

I am ordering the battery STC for Cathy's Tri-Pacer and my Pacer.

Svennís Aviation LLC.
    1432 176th Ave.
    New Richmond, WI 54017
    svennandsons@yahoo.com
    651-324-4475

STCís held for sale:
    SA-02567CH PA-18 tail feathers (PA-20, 22) $350

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...A?OpenDocument

SA-02670CH McCauley 1A175GM824X propeller (PA-20, 22) with Lycoming 150 or 160 hp engine installed $350

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...7?OpenDocument

SA-02672CH 8:50 or 26Ē tire approval (PA-20, 22) with conventional gear and Cleveland wheels and brakes $250

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...0?OpenDocument

SA-02734CH Lightweight battery and circuit breaker master switch (PA-20, 22) $100

SA-02751CH McCauley 1A200FA824X propeller (PA-20, 22 and 16) with Lycoming 180 hp engine installed $350

SA-02790CH Modified Wing Tips (PA-20, 22) $250

We are always working on new STCís so check back often to see if there is another STC for you. We appreciate your business and we offer discounts to customers who buy multiple STCís/returning customers. For both propeller STCís we can get new propellers and we are priced competitively. We appreciate our customers helping us advertise and pass on the word to the rest of the short wing community about our STCís. Thanks again for your business and we hope we can help you in the future.
    Sincerely,

Josh Svenningsen
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

There are some good mods here. Most of these STC's are self explanatory...but what is SA-02790CH Modified Wing Tips??? He needs a web site with pictures.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    There are some good mods here. Most of these STC's are self explanatory...but what is SA-02790CH Modified Wing Tips??? He needs a web site with pictures.
    I agree....but I'm propeller stupid so none of those make sense to me. I guess I should go study my A&P books, haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The modified wing tip is basically squaring the wing and using 3 Dakota Cub full ribs, a Dakota Cub tip and squaring off the aileron.

The McCauley 1A175GM824X prop is better known as the Borer prop. Roger Borer STC'd it for the Super Cub many years ago. It is longer and greatly increases your short field take-offs and also landing as it acts sorts like a brake. It is 82" long vs. the stock 74" Sensenich propeller our airplanes came from the factory with. It does cut down your cruise speed however. The Super 20 was doing around 120-125 with a 7458 Sensenich while averaging 102-105 with a 8243 McCauley. Testing the 8244 McCauley now and will see what that does for cruise but where this prop shines is take-off. It gets your attention and makes ya smile.

The McCauley 1A200FA824X is basically the same thing for the O-360 180 hp engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    The McCauley 1A175GM824X prop is better known as the Borer prop. Roger Borer STC'd it for the Super Cub many years ago. It is longer and greatly increases your short field take-offs and also landing as it acts sorts like a brake. It is 82" long vs. the stock 74" Sensenich propeller our airplanes came from the factory with. It does cut down your cruise speed however. The Super 20 was doing around 120-125 with a 7458 Sensenich while averaging 102-105 with a 8243 McCauley. Testing the 8244 McCauley now and will see what that does for cruise but where this prop shines is take-off. It gets your attention and makes ya smile.

The McCauley 1A200FA824X is basically the same thing for the O-360 180 hp engine.
    Ah, see, I didn't even know that Borer was a McCauley, I thought it was a different company altogther. Thanks for the learning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No problem. We often times start talking like everyone knows what we are talking about and that is not always the case. There were probably 20-30 others out there wondering the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any more info on the wingtip mod, I e-mailed Svenn's aviation and have not heard back. But I was wondering if you have seen their mod or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know which "lightweight battery" is used by SA-02734CH?

Post Thanks / Like

The lightweight battery is a Hawker and it includes a master switch change. If you take a look at the "Lite weight Battery" thread in the Modifications section on the last page there was talk about this, that thread actually lead us into this one, as Svenn's Aviation has quite a few STC's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ordered the STC for our two airplanes. Josh is very busy and said he will mail them out today. I will be leaving this weekend for Sun & Fun so I will post the details when I get back.

nicka, Have you installed this STC? I wondered if it called out a specific circuit breaker switch and more details so I am sure to have everything on hand when I get back.