Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Oshkosh

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Oshkosh

I'm going this year. I don't know how yet, but I'm going. Either I need to find a ride in a plane with someone (sharing costs of course) or I'll end up driving...but dangit, I'll be missing alot this summer with my surgery and recovery that I"m for sure going to OSH! I hope I can meet a bunch of you all there!

Post Thanks / Like

Went 2 years ago in my motorhome and stayed in the campground. Wife and daughter went along and had a ball even though they aren't airplane crazy. The campground is fun. Thinking this year about taking the 22 now that it's done and tent camping in the vintage area.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Green View Post
    Went 2 years ago in my motorhome and stayed in the campground. Wife and daughter went along and had a ball even though they aren't airplane crazy. The campground is fun. Thinking this year about taking the 22 now that it's done and tent camping in the vintage area.
    Hmm, maybe I should see how much a motorhome costs to rent. My daughter turns 3 next week and so far she is airplane crazy. Yesterday she kept saying..."Daddy, lets go airport, go camping" haha.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to make it to my first trip to OSH this year. I too don't know how yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Group Flight to OSH 2010

There are a few of us Short Wing Nuts that go each year. About every 3 years or so the VAA provides a couple rows in close for us in the Type Club parking. Other years we meet up at some overnight airport nearby then fly in together in loose formation on opening day so we can park together. This year we are already working on planning to go in together as we won't be in the Type Club parking. The current plan, albeit a little half baked, is one of our group is going to fly up to OSH a week prior to opening day, and prepay for close in tie down camping spots and then stake the spots with our N numbers, so that when the group arrives we can park in close to the action without having to get there several days early. I believe the daily cost for these spots is $15 per day, so we will each be putting up about $100 for the advantage of close in parking in addition to the days we will actually be tied down. Well worth $100 in my opinion. Jerry Isbell will once again be coordinating this group flight. Anyone is welcome to join us as long as you have a plane that can park in the Vintage area. As we get closer to Summer I will provide more details and specifics.
    Brian
    22/20-150 26D
    24-250 31P
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian; 04-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Osh by gosh

I think we chated a few months ago, we will be leaving from Washington St about the 24th and heading east our selfs maybe we can hook up with yall. but we got to get er done first.
    Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is passing through Colorado on the way and wants a passenger that helps with the gas bill let me know, my schedule is wide open...I don't go back to work after my surgery until the first week of August.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian - I too am planning on being there this year and your group sounds like it has a good plan, please keep us posted on developements.

I drove in back in 2000 so this will be my first time to fly-in, looking forward to it!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Brian;32112]There are a few of us Short Wing Nuts that go each year. About every 3 years or so the VAA provides a couple rows in close for us in the Type Club parking. Other years we meet up at some overnight airport nearby then fly in together in loose formation on opening day so we can park together. This year we are already working on planning to go in together as we won't be in the Type Club parking. The current plan, albeit a little half baked, is one of our group is going to fly up to OSH a week prior to opening day, and prepay for close in tie down camping spots and then stake the spots with our N numbers, so that when the group arrives we can park in close to the action without having to get there several days early. I believe the daily cost for these spots is $15 per day, so we will each be putting up about $100 for the advantage of close in parking in addition to the days we will actually be tied down. Well worth $100 in my opinion. Jerry Isbell will once again be coordinating this group flight. Anyone is welcome to join us as long as you have a plane that can park in the Vintage area. As we get closer to Summer I will provide more details and specifics.

Brian i am going in tt he beginning of the week (Sat or Sun) I would love to fly in with everyone, if you know what day you will be coming in. Please keep us all informed.
    Bob
    N9508D
    PA22-160 turbo
    (not really)

Post Thanks / Like

Terry E, Very nice pics.. On the wings, are those Sullivan tips or Stewart?? What finish did you use on the fabric. Looking good!!!
    Bill Meredith
    Kingsland, Tx
    N7749D