Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone else having issue posting using Firefox 3.6.3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else having issue posting using Firefox 3.6.3

I think this might be something wrong with my machine but I wanted to ask if anyone else is seeing it. I'm having issues posting using Firefox. If I log on using Internet Explorer it works fine. However, when on Firefox (version 3.6.3) I can't get any of the formatting functions to work. I can type all the text I want but none of the special formatting buttons (smileys, Bold/Itallic/Underline, Picture attachment, etc.) seem to work.

All the buttons are there and when I scroll over them they open showing choices such as what smiley, what size font, etc. but I am unable to select any of them. Or more specifically when I select any of them nothing happens at all. I can scroll my mouse over them and the selection box moves with my mouse but nothing happens when I click.

I've been to the user settings section and I have those set correctly. Strange that I can see them but they just don't function.

I figure it's some sub-program (Java, etc. ) that is not working properly but everything I see says they are all the current versions.

Another clue, all of this DOES work over on that other Piper board that recently switched to Vbulletin Version 4.0.2 so this must be related either to my settings or this version of Vbulletin. Maybe.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

how do you have your profile Here set up
    checking from the very top of the page Settings
    look on the left anc check your "Forum Settings"
    at the bottom of the page check your "
    Miscellaneous Options" for
    Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Verify and give it a try if you have not

Using FireFox here and can use smiles without a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

v3.6.3 as well with no problems. Firefox disables scripting by default. Did you just do an update? Had you been using Firefox to post before you noticed the problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine is working on Firefox. Have you tried clearing the cookies? I will forward this to SJ.

Post Thanks / Like

It's working now. Must have needed to clear cookies or something.

Thanks for the help.

“Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb