Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interior panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Interior panels.

I put an No Smoking placard on the panel.. the only non Certified interior material is the very light weight carpet from the National Aviation Parts Association. I tested it for my peace of mind....doesn’t propagate a flame once direct flame contact is removed....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabricman View Post
    So.....if you placard the interior with "NO SMOKING" signs, Fire resistant testing is not an issue?

Fabricman
    No, if you don’t have ash trays, you need to placard “no smoking”. Interior materials still need to meet the same requirements. Suggest you also read AC43.13-1B chapter 9 section 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    All of the check hauling freighters I flew (Lear, Aerostar, Baron) had plywood floors, especially the Baron, Kosola had done an STC to increase the capacity in the back, all plywood!
    I worked as a mechanic for a freight hauler when I was in college a long time ago. We put a new plywood floor in a CV 580 and then painted it with a special "burn resistant" paint, then the FAA inspector came out and did a burn test on a test sample we also painted to check for compliance. Possibly just get some similar paint for the interior panels....