Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Bound, SWP.org at the Alaskan Airman Show and Valdez May Day Fly-In

Post Thanks / Like

planning on a trip next spring (april) from south dakota to anchorage in a clipper i plan to purchase this fall. please post your route . also did you have long range tanks installed in your cub?

Post Thanks / Like

Awww.... My time off starts on the 8th.
    Hmm, maybe? Ill have to see if I can swing something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This will motivate you.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 04-15-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip you are going to have going up there Steve and Tal, I've done lots of Corporate and Charter flying all over B.C. and Alberta, but hardly any flying NW of Fort Nelson. The trip to Whitehorse last summer following the river from Ft. Nelson to Watson Lk and on to Whitehorse and a few areas further N was a dream come true. Going to the places that you read about from books over the years made that more special. You both are to have a super trip, maybe stop at Dawson Creek, B.C. Mile 0 of the Alcan Highway. Maybe I should take a Burner up there-----that would be FUN.

Peter Lubig

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, I live in Fairbanks and got your name from Vickie at Tamarack Air, we spoke last summer when I was purchasing my Pacer in S. California, thanks again for the good information. I flew the AK Highway and would be happy do discuss the trip. We had several great stops in Canada, the best of which was at South Cariboo Regional Airport at 108 Mile Ranch in BC. If you stop there tell Nick Christenson I said hello. He is a GREAT guy, if I didn't know better I would have thought he was Alaskan. We were forced into 108 Mile by IMC conditions from forest fires. Nick runs the airport and has an air taxi operation and can help with anything you need. I will be at the Expo in Anchorage and will look you up.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve
    It looks like your coming my way- hope we can finally meet.the offer of a couple of spare beds still holds. do you need me to send you a Canada Flight Supplement and some VFR charts?
    are you familiar with the entry procedures into the Great White North?: here is a link to canada border services:http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...extype5-e.html.
    hope this helps
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great, look forward to meeting you at the show.

Shane, I will PM you so we can meet up in your neck of the woods.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the insight and encouragement.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad you are not stopping by Juneau, I can't make Valdez this year due to work. I am going to Arlington though! You'll have a great trip, I am flying a Scout from MSP to Juneau next week with a Pacer in tow. Thats gonna be a long ride... Hopefully next year it will be MY Pacer headed north...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Actually Cathy has a layover in Juneau. A friend got her a ticket with his miles and he is going to give her a tour of Juneau on Thur. the 28th.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh cool, tell her she is welcome to look me up if she wants.