Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Piper Emblem On the Control Yoke

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Piper Emblem On the Control Yoke

I just received two PIPER emblems that go onto Tri Pacers and Colts control wheel yoke. These are very hard to find. I see quite a few Tri Pacers where they are missing. One of Clyde Smiths students, Geoff Combs remanufactured these from scratch (they are made from a durable and light plastic). He tried to make some from creating a cast from an old emblem…just didn’t come out right. Geoff said the biggest expense of these emblems is the chrome plating process. These emblems are about as close to the original as I've ever seen. They really came out very nice, but they aren’t cheap. The original emblems were painted between the lettering (PIPER) usually with Red paint if you want to keep it like the original emblem, but with an all chrome emblem I’m not sure I would want to do that because they really look beautiful with just all chrome. P7050078.jpg

Geoff's email is
    geoff@aerosportproducts.com. or g.combs@aerosportmodeling.com

Post Thanks / Like

How much is "not cheap"? I'm working in making these with a 3d printer. First one came out pretty good but I need to work on it more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Ours is a 1953 TriPacer and doesn't have the rectangular style emblem. It uses a piece of aluminium sheet folded round and I think it is etched to take paint - ours had green paint, but I've seen brown too, and I think there was a blue one. It probably originally matched the seat frame colour and the fuselage line. I'm going by a photo taken several years ago. We have got a spare rectangular one in our box of bits - I don't know where that came from, or its condition or whether it has its fixing pins. Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Control yoke emblem

Hi guys, just purchased a 58' pa22/20 project, I'm missing one control yoke emblem.

Wondering what hat people have done in the past as I'm aware these are very hard to get a hold of!
    any info would be appreciated!
    cheers
    damo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Control yoke emblem

damo32,
    Geoff Combs, Aerosport of Canal Winchester, Ohio makes these PIPER emblems (high quality, chrome). Phone 614-834-5227. These emblems are not cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Merged your thread with another on the same subject.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought, on the '53 sheet metal ones, bet you could get Aero Graphics to make a decal. The fab your own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Printer View Post
    I have designed and manufactured a replica emblem for the Piper Tri-Pacer yoke using my 3D Printer. It attaches to yoke with two 4-40 screws, there are metal thread inserts in the plastic for the screws. I will sell them for $15 each or $25 for a pair plus shipping. I have them in RED or Natural color, but can make them in BLUE, BLACK, or glow in the dark. They are made out of ABS plastic.
    Attachment 5016Attachment 5017Attachment 5018Attachment 5019
    Are these still available?
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted: yoke emblemes

looking for a set of red yoke emblemes for my 1961 Colt - Part # 14227-00 PLATE - Name (#470 320) Red Serial numbers 22-1760 and up

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to ShortWingPipers.org Albert. I merged your request with another thread on the subject. Hope those are still available.