Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conical engine mount bushings

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some folks on the Super Cub site had problems with the Wag Aero mounts several years ago. I use factory Lycoming with no problem. AERO has them for $4.85. http://www.aeroinstock.com/products/...ail/index.html

Similar discussion on the silicone ones that Aircraft Spruce sells for experimentals.
    http://www.supercub.org/forum/showth...hings-cracking

Post Thanks / Like

I replaced mine at the same time as the bungees. I suspect they should have similar replacment intervals as they are both subject to age and abuse. The next time I need bungees I will pull the mounts as well. It appears about a $10 range in prices on a full set of mounts. Does seem like a small enough amount that going with factory lycoming is likely a good route.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I'm still confused. Both in this discussion and in the SC.org link Steve posted there's mention of lord mount J-1552, this is a mount for a dynafocal right? I don't see any way someone could have squeezed a dynofocal "isolator" into the conical bosses on the back of my narrow deck O-320.

I've held both the ACS conical rubbers and the Lycoming ones and could perceive no difference. I'll be ordering some Lycoming ones and sticking them in, curious to see how they hold up.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

So they way I read this is that the bushings from AERO are PMA and legal and the ones from AC Spruce are not, is this correct? Thanks for all the replies!!

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I could not find any PMA'd bushings in the Spruce catalog, all said for homebuiders or experimental.

I have see a Conical Lord mounts and found these pictures and a part number J-6230-1. I don't know if these would work on our short wings or if they are approved.

new%u002520years%2010%20037%20(Medium).jpg

new%u002520years%2010%20036%20(Medium).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is information on the care and amount of drift for the Lord mounts. http://www.lord.com/Products-and-Sol...ORD-Mounts.xml
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 08-15-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

On page 287 of the AC Spruce catalog (2008-2009) they have a Lyc. #71302 for 0-320. I called them, they called the vender and the vender said they are approved for use on certificated aircraft but there is no proof of that. Do the bushings from AERO come with some sort of PMA documentation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK, I found them in the "Engine Parts" section and that is the correct part number and description. I had been looking at the "engine mount" section. AERO should have a PMA stamp or something on the package. I get mine from Aviall and they are factory Lycoming. Aviall only does commercial accounts. If someone wants the factory parts I can get them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve,

The reason I keep asking about the AC Spruce bushings is because I have a set but was not sure if I could use them. I'll give AERO a call and see if their's come with a PMA stamp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think if you ordered them from Spruce using the Lycoming number you are good, they offer the experimental/homebuilt under different part numbers.