Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleaners and Polish For Fabric Covered Pipers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cleaners and Polish For Fabric Covered Pipers

Can anyone recommend a Cleaner/Polish that they feel does an excellent job that brings out some faded paint and makes it shine? The various companys make such claims, but I want to hear it from the aircraft owners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use Turtle Wax car wash soap and Mothers Carnauba wax. No silicones and it helps the bugs come off easier. Search "carnauba " on this site and you will find several previous threads on keeping your airplane clean and removing oxidized paint.

http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...searchid=91844

Post Thanks / Like

Steve when you say that "you use" are you actually talking about cleaning your own plane??
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No, customers.My kids wash mine every now and again when the mud and grit effects the W&B or I can't see out the windshield. I am hoping to have an airplane in the near future that I will wash and wax and care that it looks nice.

Winkler, Manitoba, Canada (10 miles N of ND)
    Post Thanks / Like

While it doesn't do anything for faded paint, RejeX http://www.rejex.com/ does wonders for protection. We use it on our spray planes & it really keeps the bugs & tubine soot from sticking. It's easy to put on & withstands a whole season of pressure washing. Nice thing is it doesn't give you grief if you want to paint later like silicones do (actually the worst thing for paint is the overspray from the Pledge everyone uses on their windshields).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience with EveryShield by Stewart Systems Company.
    Checkout: http://www.stewartsystems.aero/produ...45442dc39.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mixduster View Post
    While it doesn't do anything for faded paint, RejeX http://www.rejex.com/ does wonders for protection. We use it on our spray planes & it really keeps the bugs & tubine soot from sticking. It's easy to put on & withstands a whole season of pressure washing. Nice thing is it doesn't give you grief if you want to paint later like silicones do (actually the worst thing for paint is the overspray from the Pledge everyone uses on their windshields).
    I have used Rejex a few times and don't see that big of a help from it. I still spent hours 'scraping' the bugs off the under side of the wings and tail. This is on Poly-Tone.

Post Thanks / Like

stitts #310 alkali cleaner.... and electric tooth brush for hard spots...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Zac, wax with Mothers carnauba wax once a year and those bugs come of a lot easier. Polyglide from Sporty's on the leading edges to help clean the bugs easier. Used the CarbonX on the belly. This was all on a friends 90 hp Super Cub that was Polytone and it worked very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washing & Soap

Did a couple quick searches, but didn't find this topic.

When you wash your short wings, what do you use?

I've heard everything from Dawn Dish Soap and water to various things sold on aircraft spruce.

Dish soap would be the easiest/cheapest. But I don't want to damage the fabric/paint.

Thanks