Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Cub stolen from Twin Falls ID airport.....

Post Thanks / Like

Devils Advocate here......hypothetically.........
    If someone had a set of logs and a data plate that still had a valid registration and airworthiness. a run out engine data plate and logs. A little time. The thing could be painted, and registered by the bogus data plate(s) and logs. Then could be sold on the open market without too much effort. The unique qualities of the bird (big wheels and other unique stuff) could be changed out for common stuff. Even the accessories could be re-tagged and with about a months work at a discrete location, the original owner might have a difficult time recognizing the bird, even if it flew into his home airport. Just from what little I have read here and at supercub.org site, this seems like a job by someone already familiar with the aircraft, where it is kept, the owners schedule. More importantly, he knew how to fly one. Just my amateur Sherlock Holmes 2 cents.
    Bill Meredith
    N7749D
    N4844Z
    Kingsland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

And when they find the mongrel he should be staked over an ants nest and smothered in honey!

Post Thanks / Like

Curly your being to nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought all this homeland security was to prevent this type of theft.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he gets his plane back soon and in good shape. However, after all these "have you seen this plane" posts I've seen on several boards, he might have a hard time flying it without getting harassed.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Better that than not getting it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote from the owner from the SuperCub.org thread....

"This missing cub story has a happy ending at least for the cub The cub is home safe and sound. But the dumb ass owner (ME) has egg on his face and will never live this down, but it may not matter as My wife is going to kill me when she catches me. So for every one that owes me a swift kick in the a$$ for being stupid just look for the line at the hanger door and take a number. One kick per custumer and please do not tell my wife where my crampons .

I think I will be Sleeping in a unheated hanger hiding from the mad wife untill she cools down. MY Lesson learned is better remember who you tell that they can borrow your cub no matter how drunk you are when you tell them fly it any time. Also it does not help my case that she does not aprove of who was using the cub.

The cub is back safe and sound. I am the one on the endangered list

Jerry "

Don't worry, I am first in line.....

Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

Well.

****!

Good thing I did not catch his friend at the controls, hard to get skin back on a guy while he is still alive...

I was not going to tell this tail but now it seems fitting. I well keep it short.

Seems some guy out here got to bragging and ended up getting the third plane he tried to start...started. He knew how to fly but was mostly baked at 6:30 in the morning when he ground looped the cub. Now I saw the cub and it was twisted up a bit but not that bad. Seems that fellow got beat up pretty bad and needed to be meda-vaced to town that morning, but most likely while being helped out of the cub by it's owner or a couple of real-good-friends.

Just saying.

Rocket