Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vagabond trim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vagabond trim

Where can I find a drawing or good photo of the routing of the bowden cables for the trim tab on the tail of the Vagabond? Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vagabond trim

Larry, Piper drawing 11591, "Surfaces Installation–Tail" shows the pertinent details of the routing of the bowden cables. Basically out of the left side of the fuselage under the horizontal stabilizer, underneath the elevator spar and into the elevator running along the backside of the elevator spar through a clamp, 90 degree turn along the inside of the first rib through another clamp then out through the elevator fabric to the trim tab horns. Top cable stays top and bottom cable stays bottom for the entire run.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brett,
    Your explanation all made sense even before I found the drawing. Well written.
    Thank you. Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the travel angle or measurement when rigging the Vag Trim? I understand the drawings have the measurements for the trim cable, however I was unsure if there was a measurement to test the travel/deflection of the trim tab itself prior to covering it to be sure?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

25 degrees up, 41 degrees down for both the PA-15 and -17, from the Type Certificate Data Sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Should be listed in the Type Certificate Data Sheet. https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...meset?OpenPage